FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo Blanket?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 03:42 PM
IMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a profec b is a boost controller, not a turbo timer. your truck isnt any mor elikely to be stolen with a turbo timer in it. if its installed correctly, if you touch the brake, or release the emergency brake while the timer is on, the engine dies and the truck isnt going to move. if someone wants yer **** bad enough, they're going to take it. but a turbo timer or remote start alarm isnt going to facilitate it.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by IMD
a profec b is a boost controller, not a turbo timer. your truck isnt any mor elikely to be stolen with a turbo timer in it. if its installed correctly, if you touch the brake, or release the emergency brake while the timer is on, the engine dies and the truck isnt going to move. if someone wants yer **** bad enough, they're going to take it. but a turbo timer or remote start alarm isnt going to facilitate it.
Sorry it matches the profec b boost controller. True if someone wants your truck they will take it!
Old 06-13-2007, 04:48 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is no need for a turbo timer if you let the turbos cool down properly and you only need to let them cool down if you recently had them spooled up. i really dont see any point in more electronics for something i can do just fine myself.

i have blankets on my truck. probably about 4000miles on it is all but no problems yet and they sure do work well for keeping things under the hood cooled down. i asked around and heard the same thing but many people run them with no reports of turbos chocking up.

make sure you run good oil!!
Old 06-13-2007, 04:53 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
there is no need for a turbo timer if you let the turbos cool down properly and you only need to let them cool down if you recently had them spooled up. i really dont see any point in more electronics for something i can do just fine myself.

i have blankets on my truck. probably about 4000miles on it is all but no problems yet and they sure do work well for keeping things under the hood cooled down. i asked around and heard the same thing but many people run them with no reports of turbos chocking up.

Good to know, thanks for the input.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What blankets do you guys like? I have a pair of hot sides to cover for my car.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:21 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
What blankets do you guys like? I have a pair of hot sides to cover for my car.
I just ordered one from forcedinductions.com
Old 06-13-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will you post up about it's fit/quality when it gets to your house?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by parish8

Parish I am an outside sales rep, I don't have time to sit in my truck everytime I pull into a customers parking lot for a couple of minutes and let the turbo cool down. If I drove to an office and parked it I would not have used one either.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by High Pressure
Parish I am an outside sales rep, I don't have time to sit in my truck everytime I pull into a customers parking lot for a couple of minutes and let the turbo cool down. If I drove to an office and parked it I would not have used one either.
My understanding of Parish's post is that as long as you had some off-boost time before you pulled in to the parking lot that a cool-down period would not be needed. The only time it's necessary to let the engine idle and the turbo cool off is when you rag on it and come to a stop right afterwards. When I am driving around on the street I am rarely into boost, especially when I am driving through a parking lot trying to find a place to park. The time you spend idling or driving out of boost is generally plenty of time for the turbo to cool down.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:06 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
I just ordered one from forcedinductions.com
thats the ones i have. they fit great. i dont even tie them on anymore. just stretch them around the turbo and let them sit there.

Quick Reply: Turbo Blanket?