FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo build tune questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Tune it yourself would be my recommendation.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Tune it yourself would be my recommendation.
That's scary as hell hah. If you guys can give me guidance through it I would go for it. I'm not an idiot by any means just haven't ever dealt with it.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

All the info you need is out there for free to read.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:49 PM
Staging Lane

Except for one person says one thing and one says another Completley contradicting it yet somehow both parties have great running vehicles....I'll pass on blowing up my money from messing with stuff I shouldn't with out help.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:12 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Silveraydo
Except for one person says one thing and one says another Completley contradicting it yet somehow both parties have great running vehicles....I'll pass on blowing up my money from messing with stuff I shouldn't with out help.
Two people can't completely disagree yet both be right about something. Tuning is a pretty well-explored science, and there's a right way to do everything when taking all requirements into consideration. I've noticed that a great running vehicle is relative... Someone might have a car that runs the 1320 in 8 seconds and drives it to the track, while the next guy's car does the same thing but doesn't drive for **** and has to be trailered everywhere. Or they both run 8s but one gets twice the fuel economy as the next guy's car. Often times the guy who is doing the same thing with less or more with the same has something figured out that other people don't. And those are the guys you want to learn from.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nelson Performance, in San Antonio. Call and talk to Erica, tell her what ur up to. They can program a pcm for u and u just send urs back to them for a core after u get the updated one from them. It is a good idea to have hptuners or efi live to log what ur truck is doing so that they or any other tuner knows what to do to make it run perfect. Go with the 3 bar MAP, ditch the MAF, put an IAT sensor in ur intake and be done with that part. U will be doing it sooner or later. Even if u leave the boost control at 15#, the 3 bar tune will be able to add more fuel if u have boost spike or boost creep (much safer). Im sure u will want to go to 21 or more. Once u get a taste of boost u will want more!! Turbo anything is not cheep! LOL

Last edited by Show-n-go5.3; 10-14-2015 at 04:33 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

Ok thanks for the info! I will give them a call. Will any 3 bar MAP sensor work? Any specific ones that are easier or better than others to reteofit. I've seen someone talk about the duramax 3.3 bar or something? And I'm going to do some research on wiring them but if I can't find anything I'll be asking questions about that later hahah I think I can find that though.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silveraydo
Ok thanks for the info! I will give them a call. Will any 3 bar MAP sensor work? Any specific ones that are easier or better than others to reteofit. I've seen someone talk about the duramax 3.3 bar or something? And I'm going to do some research on wiring them but if I can't find anything I'll be asking questions about that later hahah I think I can find that though.
I believe everyone is just using the old Buick 3 bar map. U can get delco, MSD and Holley i believe. The delco ones are the cheapest (12223861) get the pig tail or proper terminal for it to. It's different than ur 1bar, still only 3 wires though.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome man i appreciate it. thanks for the part number!
Old 10-14-2015, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Show-n-go5.3
Nelson Performance, in San Antonio. Call and talk to Erica, tell her what ur up to. They can program a pcm for u and u just send urs back to them for a core after u get the updated one from them. It is a good idea to have hptuners or efi live to log what ur truck is doing so that they or any other tuner knows what to do to make it run perfect. Go with the 3 bar MAP, ditch the MAF, put an IAT sensor in ur intake and be done with that part. U will be doing it sooner or later. Even if u leave the boost control at 15#, the 3 bar tune will be able to add more fuel if u have boost spike or boost creep (much safer). Im sure u will want to go to 21 or more. Once u get a taste of boost u will want more!! Turbo anything is not cheep! LOL
I second this! I've been using Nelson Performance for almost 10 years. I would also buy HP Tuners and do lots of logging...

Quick Reply: Turbo build tune questions