FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo manifold idea...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo manifold idea...

Im working on some new manifolds for my truck. I built my originals out of 18/16 gauge material and that lasted about 4 weeks. Im going with the Mcmaster 1.9" elbows there made out of 10 gauge stainless. If you look I have the firing order marked in the middle of the block but anyway Im pretty much connecting cylinders/primaries 1-7, 3-5, 2-8 and 4-6. The exhaust pulses are only one stroke away from each other so that should make the turbos spool fairly quick. Heres the basic drawing... Ill try to get some real pics up in a week or so.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice diagram. It looks like it would work.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is HOT! If I didn't live in California I'd be trying to build something like that. Sometimes I wonder why I still live here...
Old 05-09-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Im curious to hear how it works. I also want to throw a few ideas by you on something I've been working on. I'll PM you later if you dont mind.
Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 09:46 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
Im working on some new manifolds for my truck. I built my originals out of 18/16 gauge material and that lasted about 4 weeks. Im going with the Mcmaster 1.9" elbows there made out of 10 gauge stainless. If you look I have the firing order marked in the middle of the block but anyway Im pretty much connecting cylinders/primaries 1-7, 3-5, 2-8 and 4-6. The exhaust pulses are only one stroke away from each other so that should make the turbos spool fairly quick. Heres the basic drawing... Ill try to get some real pics up in a week or so.

Nice diagram, I'm not sure but wouldn't the exhaust flow faster if you went. 1-5, 7-3, 8-6, 2-4??

That would separate the left bank by five and the right bank by 3 equally for each side of the turbo flang.
Basiclly it would fire: yellow left, yellow right, green left, green right, yellow left, yellow right, green left, green right. Just a idea.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ColtSteele
Im curious to hear how it works. I also want to throw a few ideas by you on something I've been working on. I'll PM you later if you dont mind.
Thanks
No problem bro. I just bought a tig welder so I will probley have all kinds of projects coming up.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont get it, why split them up, you want the least amount of pulsing into the turbo, and you want all the air to go into the center of the exhaust inlet, not one side?????
Old 05-10-2006, 07:13 AM
Staging Lane

Looks like it could work but I'd be concerned with interference from exhaust pulses on the center banks if you are making log-style manifolds.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by duwem
I dont get it, why split them up, you want the least amount of pulsing into the turbo, and you want all the air to go into the center of the exhaust inlet, not one side?????

So you think this might work out beter?

Last edited by Yellowsierra; 05-10-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
So you think this might work out beter?

what about crossing over from the left and right banks instead of all on one side......I'm to tired to figure this out now, but it seems like all these home brew turbo systems assume that fluiddynamis and thermodynamics are negliable.....talk to some engineers and you will get a lot more efficiency outa the system, not just tubes connecting at turbo to an engine

or you could just run 8 turbos then no fancy MS paint diagrams are needed

Quick Reply: Turbo manifold idea...