FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo manifold idea...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duwem
If I would spend say 10 grand to get a truck turbocharged, including tranny and all other things, I would want EVERY penny outa that system, you are on what your 4th try at this, no offense, but you claimed you could run 9's if you tried, well, do it then, dont say you "could have" then change your design...I am really confused where your truck is going at this point, is it a show truck now with 2 turbos for bling factor?

It seems like in general, its like the fast and the furious has just hit this site, back 2 years ago after that movie came out everyone had a turbo honda or eclipse, not everyone has turbo/super truck...

Awwwww, did Mr. Engineer get his feelings hurt?! Did you get every pennies worth out of your "Helix Bore TB Spacer(for the turbo/super WOOOSH sound not the performance)" mod in your sig?!
Old 05-11-2006, 09:55 AM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by MrXerox
Awwwww, did Mr. Engineer get his feelings hurt?! Did you get every pennies worth out of your "Helix Bore TB Spacer(for the turbo/super WOOOSH sound not the performance)" mod in your sig?!
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MrXerox
Now at's some funny sheeet rite ther!

I know that sig is all for humor but at least mine actually makes that woooosh turbo/super sound due to the BOV, crappy log manifold, and inferior mild steel that is MIG'ed together!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

as stated in the other rant I made last nite: I was slightly pissed off last nite, and by slightly i mean flaming, needed somewheres to vent, and apparently here was it

as for the tb spacer, It IS a joke, I was told by a very good souce that had the same truck as me that he picked up 2mpg with his Poweraid, so I got a knockoff for 20 bucks and installed it to see, I had to cut the plastic around the fan up front so If i took it off things wouldnt look as clean....plus at certain rpms it does sound pretty cool
Old 05-11-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I talked to the engineer at turbonetics and he said the second design would work very well. He also said equel length primaries would help but thats a no brainer. Ill post some pictures up this weekend if I make much progress.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:49 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Told you so.

LOL

At lest you have made them before, so these should look sweet, and last a bit longer?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:50 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

If the equal length headers will work then why do you want to build your own? I would think that the ones they have already manufactured would work better???

-Rob Nap
Old 05-11-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Told you so.

LOL

At lest you have made them before, so these should look sweet, and last a bit longer?

Ok ok you won. hahaha yeah hopefully they last a bit longer...
Old 05-11-2006, 10:12 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
If the equal length headers will work then why do you want to build your own? I would think that the ones they have already manufactured would work better???

-Rob Nap
Who make them for twin turbos??
Old 05-11-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Who make them for twin turbos??
I guess he thinks Im making full length headers?? Trust me I wouldnt waste my time fabbing up full length headers when you can pick up a new set for $400.

Quick Reply: Turbo manifold idea...