Here one from when they were putting it together:

http://home.earthlink.net/~joebobzen...Autorepair.wav

beat me too it

dis thang got a turrrbo ons it.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that there was a burnout.....

lets see some more pictures/videos/specs!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Got some more details on that thing? What turbo is it running? Seem to spool really fast. Any pics of the setup?
Well, I'd ask them to come over here and share the build-up with us, but it appears they're being made fun of....not sure how well that would work....
Old 03-18-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Don't know for sure but I'd imagine the accent was a little exagerated. I know I'd act like an idiot if I was on video
Old 03-18-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mjhoward
Don't know for sure but I'd imagine the accent was a little exagerated. I know I'd act like an idiot if I was on video
I second that, we are just not used to such a thick redneck accent

Seriously thou, there are a number of ppl who wana know more, so dont be hiding the info.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright, I PM'd him with a link to this thread.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:00 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the compliments, guys.. As for the "accent"... I was just being stupid on video. It was a inside joke of sorts, aimed at a buddy of mine who lives out in the sticks... I make fun of his hick accent from time to time. I'm from South Louisiana, but, being in business, I force myself to speak properly, when I need to be serious.

Anyway.. The setup is pretty straight forward. T61/P-trim turbocharger (T4 based), 550cc injectors, Malory fuel pump, Walbro in-tank pump, and a host of piggyback systems... We're running a base pressure of about 30psi, to compensate for the larger injectors while out of boost. When the engine gets into boost, the FMU brings the fuel pressure back up, and we get our flow capacity back. Not the best sollution, but, the best that we can work with for now. We're using a MSD DIS-4 to control timing advance... after coverting to a "wasted spark" setup. At 8psi, we should make 380-400whp with the T61 compressor..

I am trying to work with HP Tuners or EFIlive for software to tune this beast.. hopefully, one of the two will step up and deliver.

Travis
Old 03-20-2006, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

i'd love to drop a 4.2L turbo in my truck. would remind me of the 300 ci I6 i use to have in my old ford.... loved that engine.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Travis@FIR
Thanks for the compliments, guys.. As for the "accent"... I was just being stupid on video. It was a inside joke of sorts, aimed at a buddy of mine who lives out in the sticks... I make fun of his hick accent from time to time. I'm from South Louisiana, but, being in business, I force myself to speak properly, when I need to be serious.

Anyway.. The setup is pretty straight forward. T61/P-trim turbocharger (T4 based), 550cc injectors, Malory fuel pump, Walbro in-tank pump, and a host of piggyback systems... We're running a base pressure of about 30psi, to compensate for the larger injectors while out of boost. When the engine gets into boost, the FMU brings the fuel pressure back up, and we get our flow capacity back. Not the best sollution, but, the best that we can work with for now. We're using a MSD DIS-4 to control timing advance... after coverting to a "wasted spark" setup. At 8psi, we should make 380-400whp with the T61 compressor..

I am trying to work with HP Tuners or EFIlive for software to tune this beast.. hopefully, one of the two will step up and deliver.

Travis
Very nice. Definately cutting edge and different.
Keep us posted!
Old 03-20-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Very nice! I believe EFILive is about to start beta testing on that engine combo. Would like to see some more pics if possible.

Quick Reply: Turbo Trailblazer 4.2L