FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TVS 2300 potential

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I'm assuming those are SAE corrected numbers since your in Denver (5200') Do you happen to know what the actual numbers were? Just curious?
I don't!

Number were from a Superflow 880 AWD dyno. I had never been on a Super before and I guess they are known to read lower?

I'm hitting a Dyno jet on Thursday for my first 2wd tuning. This will be on the maggie 60's for now. Then I have a set of FIC 110's ready to go in. Not spraying any nitrous yet. Baby steps.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Exclamation 2300

Originally Posted by moregrip
Yes he did!

When I was at Dutt's shop Joe's LSx block was there for his next build; gonna be schweet!

I think Kenny showed us a graph where he made 970fwhp with the 2300 setup/21lbs of boost/434cid getting close!
Yes Kenny build that 434 for one of my customers. It was a 434 LSX Warhawk. WCCHs, Rossler 4L80e, Currie Custom 9" installed on a 2008 Sierra 1500.

Btw it had Denny's Driveshaft ......

It made 760 HP on Pump Gas and 16 Psi, around 856 FT Torque. On 19 Psi it made 865HP and 930 FT on his engine dyno ..,.

And its really UNDRIVABLE ........

See this roll from around 60 KMPH ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxdiH2dSwEw
This is on 16 PSI

I should have the dyno video somewhere .. But i cant find it ...
It was a custom COG Drive built by magnacharger and it was an individual drive system.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:07 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm thinking the 1000hp mark could be achieved with the 2300. It would have to be a big motor with crazy heads, compression, valve train, intercooling, very expensive fuel or straight up M5 methanol and just flatout spinning the crap out of the blower. It would be a tire shredding monster but very $$$$$$$$. If it took methanol to do it, a belt driven pump would likely be mandatory along with some crazy big injectors (bigger than 160's).

Somebody do this and commit yourself to getting it done. Like build it and if it makes 999 throw it away and start over. If I was rich, I'd give it a shot...but I'm not yet.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blown06
I'm thinking the 1000hp mark could be achieved with the 2300. Like build it and if it makes 999 throw it away and start over.
Now that's hard core
Old 05-01-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin
No, it was an LSX 427 with a TVS2300 on it. This was back when Dave was building his motor so...2009 maybe? Now that I think about it I think Brian was there that day as well. He might know more about that particular motor that I do. ... I've only been to his shop maybe a half dozen times and each time he's got something on his engine dyno that is absolutley awesome. That particular time is was a 2300 on an LSX motor. He said it was making just north or 900 on pump gas at ~14 psi or something. He said he could make it break 1000hp but he didn't think it'd be worth it. I didn't ask him to elaborate but from listening to him talk about how much low end torque that that particular motor was putting down, I figured he was relctant to give up some of that low-end power in order to attain an arbitrary number like 1000hp.

I have a picture of that motor on my computer at home, this thread will probably be dead by the time I get home, but if it isn't I'll post it up.

Like Grippy said though, it will happen if it hasn't already happened elsewhere.
Julien you've been there 6x more than me then.

And yes, throw up that pic when u get back.

Originally Posted by Rat Raceway
That is me!

I was making right at 800awtq at 3200 rpm when the little 70 would not hold on any more. I'm now 2wd and 4l85e(Same as Flaco).

Flame me if you like! I'm shooting for 1000rwhp! Might take a bit of spray but we will see!

[4689100] I don't!

Number were from a Superflow 880 AWD dyno. I had never been on a Super before and I guess they are known to read lower?

I'm hitting a Dyno jet on Thursday for my first 2wd tuning. This will be on the maggie 60's for now. Then I have a set of FIC 110's ready to go in. Not spraying any nitrous yet. Baby steps.
How much do u call a lil bit of spray?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:27 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking the 1000hp mark could be achieved with the 2300. It would have to be a big motor with crazy heads, compression, valve train, intercooling, very expensive fuel or straight up M5 methanol and just flatout spinning the crap out of the blower. It would be a tire shredding monster but very $$$$$$$$. If it took methanol to do it, a belt driven pump would likely be mandatory along with some crazy big injectors (bigger than 160's).

Somebody do this and commit yourself to getting it done. Like build it and if it makes 999 throw it away and start over. If I was rich, I'd give it a shot...but I'm not yet.
Why would you need that big of an injector? Isn't a 434 ci big enough? I know it would be if was any other type of FI.......
Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Ok, here's the deal... If you chasing a "magic" 1000 hp number, your not gonna get there with your thinking of big cube motor...

Your airflow/torque limited by the blower. It can only flow X-lbs of air at it's max RPM, PERIOD with out becoming super inefficient and blowing super hot air not to mention pulling a TON of HP off the crank with the belt. Which means it's only capable of X torque no mater what engine you put under it. Thats just physics guys...

So, you wanna make 1K with a TVS2300??? The only way your gonna do that is with a SMALLER cube motor and spin it higher, since HP is nothing more then Torque X RPM. The smaller motor will carry the torque band HIGHER into the RPM band before the blower runs out of breath, giving you more horse power on the graph. Make since? Torque will be the same, but horsepower will be higher. That's the only way your gonna see 1K out of a 2300cc blower
Old 05-02-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Ok, here's the deal... If you chasing a "magic" 1000 hp number, your not gonna get there with your thinking of big cube motor...

Your airflow/torque limited by the blower. It can only flow X-lbs of air at it's max RPM, PERIOD with out becoming super inefficient and blowing super hot air not to mention pulling a TON of HP off the crank with the belt. Which means it's only capable of X torque no mater what engine you put under it. Thats just physics guys...

So, you wanna make 1K with a TVS2300??? The only way your gonna do that is with a SMALLER cube motor and spin it higher, since HP is nothing more then Torque X RPM. The smaller motor will carry the torque band HIGHER into the RPM band before the blower runs out of breath, giving you more horse power on the graph. Make since? Torque will be the same, but horsepower will be higher. That's the only way your gonna see 1K out of a 2300cc blower
Hater.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ne0c0de
Yes Kenny build that 434 for one of my customers. It was a 434 LSX Warhawk. WCCHs, Rossler 4L80e, Currie Custom 9" installed on a 2008 Sierra 1500.

It made 760 HP on Pump Gas and 16 Psi, around 856 FT Torque. On 19 Psi it made 865HP and 930 FT on his engine dyno ..,.

And its really UNDRIVABLE ........
Are those numbers at the rear wheels or on an engine dyno?
Old 05-02-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ne0c0de

^^^^
Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Are those numbers at the rear wheels or on an engine dyno?

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Hater.
Not hating Just stating the only way physically possible to get 1K HP out of a 2300cc blower, It's JUST math

Quick Reply: TVS 2300 potential