FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TVS 2300 potential

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:22 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
^^^^

Not hating Just stating the only way physically possible to get 1K HP out of a 2300cc blower, It's JUST math
dude I hear what you're saying but that 434 was sooo close!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^

Not hating Just stating the only way physically possible to get 1K HP out of a 2300cc blower, It's JUST math
I saw that but I wasn't sure if that was the case for both numbers.

I would say that blower is simply to small for a 434. A bigger blower will make those numbers with less boost.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:29 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Ok, here's the deal... If you chasing a "magic" 1000 hp number, your not gonna get there with your thinking of big cube motor...

Your airflow/torque limited by the blower. It can only flow X-lbs of air at it's max RPM, PERIOD with out becoming super inefficient and blowing super hot air not to mention pulling a TON of HP off the crank with the belt. Which means it's only capable of X torque no mater what engine you put under it. Thats just physics guys...

So, you wanna make 1K with a TVS2300??? The only way your gonna do that is with a SMALLER cube motor and spin it higher, since HP is nothing more then Torque X RPM. The smaller motor will carry the torque band HIGHER into the RPM band before the blower runs out of breath, giving you more horse power on the graph. Make since? Torque will be the same, but horsepower will be higher. That's the only way your gonna see 1K out of a 2300cc blower
I agree with you completely on the math thing, but I wasn't talking about an 800ci motor either. You make it sound like a 4.8 would be the best combo for the 2300 to get to 1k, but I'm gonna have to disagree with that. When I said "big", I meant big for an ls motor. Something like 427 or there abouts. And yes, spin it to 8000+!

With the parts available today it is no big deal spinning a big motor to very high rpm. With an ls platform it will likely take an aftermarket engine management system, all though I don't know how difficult it would be to adapt a distributor and crank trigger to it with the 2300 to be able to control spark at rpms that high.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:22 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ne0c0de
Yes Kenny build that 434 for one of my customers. It was a 434 LSX Warhawk. WCCHs, Rossler 4L80e, Currie Custom 9" installed on a 2008 Sierra 1500.

It made 760 HP on Pump Gas and 16 Psi, around 856 FT Torque. On 19 Psi it made 865HP and 930 FT on his engine dyno ..,.

And its really UNDRIVABLE ........
Originally Posted by Blown06
I agree with you completely on the math thing, but I wasn't talking about an 800ci motor either. You make it sound like a 4.8 would be the best combo for the 2300 to get to 1k, but I'm gonna have to disagree with that. When I said "big", I meant big for an ls motor. Something like 427 or there abouts. And yes, spin it to 8000+!
Kenny is pretty solid on his take that maggie's are the best option hands-down for street driven vehicles. I gotta admit I wasn't too happy hearing the "Turbo King" say that to me when I came to him with an LSX TD block and a turbo in the back of my truck! But he likes them very much for street driven vehicles and recommends them over turbo's for most applications.
Ask him about purpose built cars and he'll do a 180 and tell you turbo's are the way to go and pushing a maggie into that role will just do more harm than good. Like I mentioned earlier, you can reach the 1000hp # with a 2300 but you'd be giving up alot to get there. They are great for what they are, but they aren't 1000hp units.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:50 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes Kenny build that 434 for one of my customers. It was a 434 LSX Warhawk. WCCHs, Rossler 4L80e, Currie Custom 9" installed on a 2008 Sierra 1500.

Btw it had Denny's Driveshaft ......

It made 760 HP on Pump Gas and 16 Psi, around 856 FT Torque. On 19 Psi it made 865HP and 930 FT on his engine dyno ..,.

See this roll from around 60 KMPH ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxdiH2dSwEw
This is on 16 PSI

I should have the dyno video somewhere .. But i cant find it ...
It was a custom COG Drive built by magnacharger and it was an individual drive system.

So with a 10,000 dollar 434 engine and 19psi I get 865 at the crank and around 750 at the wheels???? LMAO... LAME I don't think I would be bragging with that data...

BTW here is a video of a STOCK 6.0 engine with a stock 4l80 and converter at 50 KPH, the tires dont let go until it is over 60 KPH. I also have video of mine letting go well north of 50 MPH (80kph) and had a hell of a lot less money invested.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

With the parts available today it is no big deal spinning a big motor to very high rpm. With an ls platform it will likely take an aftermarket engine management system, all though I don't know how difficult it would be to adapt a distributor and crank trigger to it with the 2300 to be able to control spark at rpms that high.
It's not that you can't physically spin a big motor the RPM, That's not the issue. The issue is the the blower CAN'T feed it. It simply CAN NOT flow that much air. A smaller ci motor doesn't need as much air to spin high rpm, and that's how you would get 900ftlbs of torque and 1000hp. With a big motor, the number would look more like 900ftlbs of torque (blower air flow limited) and 800hp because the blower would run out of breath before the motor made enough rpm to make the HP. Like I said, it's math and physics, Your setting one air pump on top of another and the top air pump is the limiting factor.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Btw it had Denny's Driveshaft ......

See this roll from around 60 KMPH ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxdiH2dSwEw
This is on 16 PSI

I should have the dyno video somewhere .. But i cant find it ...
It was a custom COG Drive built by magnacharger and it was an individual drive system.
"had a Denny's Driveshaft".....lol is it DIW now?

Yeah, the cog drive was pretty damn sweet

I've got my 2300 making 11lbs of boost and it's largely unusable unless at speed....I imagine your setup with that kind of power is well.....even more so!!

Cool build none-the-less and thanks for sharing brother
Old 05-03-2011, 10:49 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
So with a 10,000 dollar 434 engine and 19psi I get 865 at the crank and around 750 at the wheels???? LMAO... LAME I don't think I would be bragging with that data...

BTW here is a video of a STOCK 6.0 engine with a stock 4l80 and converter at 50 KPH, the tires dont let go until it is over 60 KPH. I also have video of mine letting go well north of 50 MPH (80kph) and had a hell of a lot less money invested.

you are such a
Old 05-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

It's not that you can't physically spin a big motor the RPM, That's not the issue. The issue is the the blower CAN'T feed it. It simply CAN NOT flow that much air. A smaller ci motor doesn't need as much air to spin high rpm, and that's how you would get 900ftlbs of torque and 1000hp. With a big motor, the number would look more like 900ftlbs of torque (blower air flow limited) and 800hp because the blower would run out of breath before the motor made enough rpm to make the HP. Like I said, it's math and physics, Your setting one air pump on top of another and the top air pump is the limiting factor.
Guys, keep in mind that the airflow from a blower is limited no matter what size engine it is feeding. The only difference in horsepower capability between the bigger and smaller engine is the difference in boost level at a fixed airflow. Under ideal conditions, airflow is perfectly proportional to horsepower. Horsepower from less boost with more displacement can be the same as more boost with less displacement. So ideally, it doesn't matter what size engine you have because the blower chokes on the high end at the same point regardless. The only caveat with this generalization is isentropic efficiency of the blower. But with the amount of air the blower would have to flow to make 1000hp, the differences are nearly negligible.

Using HP=10.86*X lb/min, the 2300 flows 1000hp worth of air to the right of that red line. Ideally it would take about 13psi to make 1000fwhp on a 427 at 6500RPMs, not accounting for parasitic loss from the blower. A smaller engine would take even more boost. Isentropic efficiency for the blower moving 1000hp worth of air on the smaller engine under more boost would be a little bit higher, so it would be just barely easier to make 1000hp with the smaller engine. The lower that efficiency is, the more energy the blower has to pull off of the crank in order to feed the engine.

Can it be done...probably. But it wouldn't be easy...and its way outside optimum efficiency of the blower.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Got my TBSS to the dyno!

700rwhp 853rwtq,@16psi on a dynojet.

IMO No way in gods green earth can a TVS2300 EVER MAKE 1000RWHP!

I'm very happy with my numbers, but was hoping for more on the HP side.

Your going to need a boat load of nitrous to get to that Magic "1000RWHP". Wish I was wrong... But not seeing it happen!

Quick Reply: TVS 2300 potential