FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Twin 72 414 01 silverado

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 05:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
nice set up , may i ask how you plan to spray the meth?

just my opinion but when running single nozzle set ups its kind of hard to get a constant afr . especially planning to spray 30% of your fueling from it. its pretty much like running somethign carbed. i think it would be a good idea to see a direct port meth system , it would be alot more accurate but get less time to atomize.

cool set up none the less, i think the twin 440's should be good to handle the fueling by itself.
I am controlling my dual meth systems off of my 4 stage progressive Nitrous controllers. They will be 100 percent MAP based progressive controll, and will not cause me any tuning issues when set up right.

I do understand your comparison to basically having a carb in the inlet tract and adding a crude fuel into the air.

I will be really watching my plugs on low boost dyno pulls up to max boost for my individual cylinder fueling. I am running a BS3 system with sequential individual cylinder fuel control for just such issues.

Anytime you are pushing 1000 plus HP it is crucial to tune per cylinder!!! You can no longer tune bank to bank for A/f.

More in depth to your question, I am actually running my nitrous solinoids degressive with my fuel solinoids progressive off my race gas fuel cell.

I plan to be spraying a 250-300 shot off the the line feeding off a race gas tank, then have the nitrous solinoids come down degressive while I step up the fuel solinoids progressive... Basically my kill pump gas tune will have 250-500 HP worth of race gas on top of 300 HP worth of methanol, on top of the 8 95 pound per hour at 40 psi injectors.

I have invested in the best available boost controllers, and nitrous controllers for this ****.....It is not a stock truck with a 408 and twin turbos.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:04 AM
10 Second Truck Club

So,you haven't put much thought into this build have ya...j/k
That is awesome. If you end up in Alabama on your drive around the US stop by my shop. I would love to see it in person...but I'll settle for a video
Old 04-06-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

WOW, I just soiled myself!!!!
This is one hell of a beast.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

Well... it is on the ground and pretty much done. Just have a couple of more days of wiring ahead of me ( that means a couple of day hours spread out over a couple weeks I am sure, LOL)

I will post up some dyno vids as soon as they are on the camera.

Once this thing hits the rollers the 07 427 3.3 whipple escelade build will begin.
Attached Thumbnails Twin 72 414 01 silverado-picture-168-large-.jpg  
Old 05-03-2008, 09:19 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, that set up is killer. dont disapear again. i want to see what you can do with this thing.

did you go with a lsx 6 bolt block and heads.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow that is an awsome set up.
Would you happen to have a diagram of the fueling and nitrous system to better understand it?
Old 05-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by parish8
wow, that set up is killer. dont disapear again. i want to see what you can do with this thing.

did you go with a lsx 6 bolt block and heads.
Thanks Jim,

Unfortunately I was a little slow on the LSX band wagon and at the point of engine assembly they were back ordered for a while. I really didnt want to let another year go by and there was still so much work to do after the engine was in, so I went with a fully built iron 6 liter block.

I am putting together an LSX foundation now to replace this one when the enevedable power gread and lack of restraint splits the sucker in half. After the truck is running and all sorted, an engine swap will be a weekend project when it needs it.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Awesome project. Those 20" Drag Radials are crazy looking, and the intake is pure sexiness!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:14 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AFI Performance
Well the new Nitto 20 inch drag radials are now shipping!!!

We will see how a 305/35/20 drag radial on all four plants the power in the first videos this year.
what drop and what width wheel are you running with that drag radial?
Old 05-05-2008, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

I agree with sick but As much as I wanna ride in it I just want to be there to watch it run down the track. BAD A##. Congrats and good luck.

Quick Reply: Twin 72 414 01 silverado