FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Twin turbo header problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Twin turbo header problem

I've got a problem with the steering shaft not clearing the header. I have bought a twin turbo kit from HP performance in New Mexico and I don't think they realised there was a difference between a two wheel drive truck and awd. Nathan from HP performance Has asked if there is anyone in New Mexico , Roswel, 301 E 4th st who has a Awd chevy and would be willing to drop by their shop so they could take a look and maybe help them to sort this problem out. It would be much appreciated if anyone could help with this.
Thanks Ivan

This is the problem

Nathan or Jimmy on 505 623 2555
Old 05-22-2008, 01:09 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears your going to have to put like a universal joint there in the steering...or your going to have to modify that side header.

Dustin
Old 05-22-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 2005 Silverado
It appears your going to have to put like a universal joint there in the steering...or your going to have to modify that side header.

Dustin
Way to go Captain Obvious!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:30 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Way to go Captain Obvious!
Well he showed the problem i just gave some input...dont be an ***...***!

Dustin
Old 05-22-2008, 01:34 PM
I hate my cats

It doesn't look like it's TOO far off, I think if you heated up that pipe and gave it a bit of a tap tap taparoo with a ball peen hammer, it would make enough room. But, if I had headers that nice, I wouldn't want to beat on them either.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:58 PM

Ivan,
If HP Performance is willing to work it out with you by building you another header I would go that route. Maybe someone will chime in thats close to HP and help out... but, IMO, if you told HP what you had to begin with then its THEIR responsibility to find another truck to build the header on and fix it for you. Hold their feet to the fire until they do. I sure hope to hell you used a credit card. I can imagine, living in the UK, you paid a alot of money for the kit as well as being bent over on shipping costs...
Good Luck,
Bill
Old 05-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
Ivan,
If HP Performance is willing to work it out with you by building you another header I would go that route. Maybe someone will chime in thats close to HP and help out... but, IMO, if you told HP what you had to begin with then its THEIR responsibility to find another truck to build the header on and fix it for you. Hold their feet to the fire until they do. I sure hope to hell you used a credit card. I can imagine, living in the UK, you paid a alot of money for the kit as well as being bent over on shipping costs...
Good Luck,
Bill
Bill,
They have/ are building another header, but say they are having a hard time finding someone with an awd truck to work with to make sure they have got things right. Yes I did tell them what I had to start with and your right it is their responsibility to find another truck. Just trying to speed things along a little by trying to find someone with a truck close by willing to help out.

$/£ exchange rate as been good for us brits of late, thats one of the reasons I'm doing this build now but we always get hit by duty anything from about 5%to 22% depending on what it is and value added tax 17.5%.

Thanks

Ivan
Old 05-22-2008, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by jcb5
Bill,
They have/ are building another header, but say they are having a hard time finding someone with an awd truck to work with to make sure they have got things right. Yes I did tell them what I had to start with and your right it is their responsibility to find another truck. Just trying to speed things along a little by trying to find someone with a truck close by willing to help out.

$/£ exchange rate as been good for us brits of late, thats one of the reasons I'm doing this build now but we always get hit by duty anything from about 5%to 22% depending on what it is and value added tax 17.5%.

Thanks

Ivan
Very cool... glad to hear the exchange rate is helping you... sure the hell doesn't help our oil buying power Also, good to know HP is stepping up.
... and it sure is a hell of a treat to have American TRUCK muscle in Britain represented HERE!

Bill
Old 05-22-2008, 03:48 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about the problem...if I was in NM I'd stop by there for you.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

When did HP performance start making turbp kits for the trucks?

Quick Reply: Twin turbo header problem