FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Twin turbo header problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That doesn't surprise me a bit. I've heard some interesting things about them on turbomustangs.com. They're only 4hrs from me, and I remember when they were looking for a truck to prototype with. I considered it, but based off what I heard on tm.com I decided against it. You're just going to have to keep on them about it. They look like nice pieces though, but you might want to have some one local modify it.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jcb5
After much chasing we have now discovered this is still in progress as it is not a priority over lots of other customers also with priority needs.
Could this be because we paid in full, in advance, last December 2007???
Not even a committment that they are working on it full time, just fitting it in amongst their other urgent customers.
So still waiting on the header, just no idea when it will be coming.
The headers we built for our twin kit fixes this. I just pretty much made the tubes around the steering shaft. Two go on one side, two go on the other, that way no matter what truck we put it on, it would work. You might want to try just building a set for yourself if its going to take this long.

R
Old 06-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

If the rest fit, just cut that tube out and rework it.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:15 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"Beat it to fit, paint it to match"....that is the first line in a turbo kit instructions
Old 06-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
"Beat it to fit, paint it to match"....that is the first line in a turbo kit instructions
maybe ones you've installed.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
That's funny there, Rick.

jcb5, I'd be ticked if it wasn't a priority for them, it's not like you didn't spend a small amount of $ w/ HP. It seems to be $6k qualifies as enough to warrant making you another header & a satified customer! I wasn't even familiar that they made a twin kit. Curious how you came upon finding that they did. Must be someone has their kit, since you posted pic. Kinda late now, but Synergy would be where I'd buy "Twins" from. Forgot if Trick did Twins yet.

Definitely want vids on this when it's done! It's really cool, w/ how much it costs just to get the kit ( after taxes, duties, etc.) & gas costs what it does there, you make the incredible effort to make your truck, "your own". Good luck!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:39 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
i will give you that one....Never installed one of yours
Old 06-29-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

i will give you that one....Never installed one of yours
Yet!?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jcb5
I've got a problem with the steering shaft not clearing the header. I have bought a twin turbo kit from HP performance in New Mexico and I don't think they realised there was a difference between a two wheel drive truck and awd. Nathan from HP performance Has asked if there is anyone in New Mexico , Roswel, 301 E 4th st who has a Awd chevy and would be willing to drop by their shop so they could take a look and maybe help them to sort this problem out. It would be much appreciated if anyone could help with this.
Thanks Ivan

This is the problem

Nathan or Jimmy on 505 623 2555
Is that a single spring comp 918 valve spring I see on those heads?

R
Old 06-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

So that's where I've gone wrong....but then again I didn't get any instructions

Originally Posted by fastnblu
That's funny there, Rick.

jcb5, I'd be ticked if it wasn't a priority for them, it's not like you didn't spend a small amount of $ w/ HP. It seems to be $6k qualifies as enough to warrant making you another header & a satified customer! I wasn't even familiar that they made a twin kit. Curious how you came upon finding that they did. Must be someone has their kit, since you posted pic. Kinda late now, but Synergy would be where I'd buy "Twins" from. Forgot if Trick did Twins yet.

Definitely want vids on this when it's done! It's really cool, w/ how much it costs just to get the kit ( after taxes, duties, etc.) & gas costs what it does there, you make the incredible effort to make your truck, "your own". Good luck!
That's what gets to me more than anything that it's not a priority, everyone runs up against problems now and then but it's how they are dealt with that counts and to leave someone hanging around for weeks is just not on in my book .

I found them by searching the net. 04Denali did give me a heads up about Synergy and my engine man did speak to Rick but it looks like I made the wrong choice. Pity I never found the forum Vanillagorrila posted about.

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
Is that a single spring comp 918 valve spring I see on those heads?

R
Those are nice looking header's your making there Rick, stainless steel too

I've just had a word with my engine man and the valve springs are not comp 918

Quick Reply: Twin turbo header problem