FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Twin turbo header problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'd think a Tahoe/Suburban/VHO/4WD/AWD truck would have been available. Any of them with torsion bar suspension and a steering gear box instead of a rack and pinion would have given them measurements to fix the pipes. Nice shot of the front. Looks like it's going to be one impressive ride when done.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcb5
still a fair bit to do tho'
I see your problem. Your turbos aren't connected to the throttle body.

Oh yeah, you're missing a radiator
Old 09-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Banned

Default breaking the Bank!

I like the synergy kit better but he doesn't have jigs to make more kits and the price isn't compareable to the HP kit plus when I talked to him he said I have to bring my truck, I am currently stationed in GA. I am not about to drive to CAlifornia but I am about to make some serious Horsepower out of my flexfuel 5.3!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ryan_prettyman
I like the synergy kit better but he doesn't have jigs to make more kits and the price isn't compareable to the HP kit plus when I talked to him he said I have to bring my truck, I am currently stationed in GA. I am not about to drive to CAlifornia but I am about to make some serious Horsepower out of my flexfuel 5.3!

Serious power requires a serious Turbo system. If you look at the design of ours, you will see 1Khp is super easy to attain with it. Its the design of the headers and the other parts we use that make the system work, as well as make the price somewhat higher.

I might make the jigs soon, and I am planning on building a budget single kit for the truck guys.

R
Old 09-24-2008, 04:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryan_prettyman
If you do go with HP be prepaired to be off the road for a long time and make sure anything they tell you is put in writing before you let them do anything.Don't just take their word for it.In hindsight I should have gone with a sponser of this site.

The truck is progressing slowly, just got the Greddy B spec 2 boost controller installed and plumbed up, waiting for longer lines to the hydroboost brakes to be made up, should be here by the weekend. then front panel back on and on to cold air pipework and intrcooler. then fit the snow performance kit.
I think I might make a coolant header tank aswell, I don't really like how close the original is to the turbo, move it back up against the bulkhead. then make a battery box for the rear bed. Then a Allen Nelson performance tune and we should be good to go.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do the wastegates vent to the atmosphere?? And also how easy/hard is it to change the plugs with those manifolds???
Old 09-25-2008, 02:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
Do the wastegates vent to the atmosphere?? And also how easy/hard is it to change the plugs with those manifolds???
Thanks , that's another job you've just reminded me of. My wastegates are going to vent to atmosphere, the ones supplied with the kit do as well but thats another part of their kit that doesn't fit.
I've not had the plugs out since the manifolds have been on, looking at it I don't see any problems.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hope you have it running soon!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

A couple of pic's of where I'm up to with the truck. I had to cut the ally aframe on the front to mount the inter cooler and weld some ally brackets to the cooler and make a box section frame and bolted them together, I've never done any aluminium welding before, so that was a steep learning curve.. I think the radiator on the SS's might be a bit wider than the one that HP performance built the kit on, I had to squash a section of pipe to get between the rad and headlight I squashed a short piece of straight pipe then cut a 90 elbow in half and squased the ends welded the all together and that got me round the corner.

progress is slow but I'm getting there

Old 10-18-2008, 06:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looking good!

Quick Reply: Twin turbo header problem