FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Twin turbo hi mount for trucks. Comments needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Twin turbo hi mount for trucks. Comments needed!!!

Here are some pics, and we are interested in seeing how many people may want this type of set up.
We have had customers ask if we where every going to do a twin turbo set up. My first thought and question is why, a single can handle what 90% of trucks out there need, right .
Our single Street Stalker kit comes with a t76 which put JJs truck into the deep 11's I beleive.
So we have been kicking this around for a little while. And seeing how the Avalanche was still in the air, I figure lets take a closer look at this.
So we build a beta unit, trial fit stuff. Log manifold with a T4 flange, and 3" downpipe.
This TWIN setup may be offered as an upgrade kit to the INTRO and Street Stalker. (if we can find the interest in building this set up.)
Again we are just testing the waters right now.

The 07 trucks can have a custom IC build with dual 2.5 inlets at the bottom and a single 3" out the top. The exit point would be the same as the single stage IC for the 07 stuff. You can see it at the bottom right.

The throttle body connection goes over the top of the turbos inlet.

The turbo rides a little lower then the Passenger side unit does, this aids in getting around the steering and missing the top radiator hose. You can also see the IC outlet. The zip ties are just holding it up while we build a little bracket so not to stress the coupler any.

You can see the wiring harness laying across the turbo. No biggy, off the compressor housing a clean support bracket will be built to hold those wires above the turbo about 3 inches. So no worries about melting anything. And we also will include more heat sleeving to protect all wiring and lines around anything hot. Spark plugs are easy to get to and no plug wires burning either. That harness on the altenator bracket will be moved forward away from the turbine housing.

Downpipe will end under the truck, you would have to have an exhaust shop finish it out and make the final connections. We added a Vband clamp at the bottom to aid in that part. The brake lines do need to move towards the drivers side about 2 inches which gives tons of clearance around the DP. Again heat sleeving will be provided for those as well.

Pricing has not been figured yet, seeing how we are in beta mode.
later
Rick
Old 08-09-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like some wires will be need to be relocated. but looks awesome . props to all you guys for making these TT kits. if this blower doesent get me where i want i think twins may be in my future.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It seems what we talked about may come true
Old 08-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
looks like some wires will be need to be relocated. but looks awesome . props to all you guys for making these TT kits. if this blower doesent get me where i want i think twins may be in my future.
The only wires we had to move there location was the ones on that altenator bracket. We are more then likely just going to move it forward drill a new mounting hole and call it a day.

That large harness will have its own support bracket built to hold it off the turbo.

If the blower does not work out for you give us a call.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
It seems what we talked about may come true
Old 08-09-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks very nice Rick
Old 08-10-2007, 12:14 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Nice work!! The madness never stops.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:14 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have to say with seeing your kit makes me question if i want to low mount twins or not. i do like the look of your kit. im concernd about engine bay temps. your kit is similar to Parish's. but im deff interested

also interested in that custom FMIC your going to make with a center outlet and side inlets???? if so post up pics
Old 08-10-2007, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

as soon as i robb a bank....
Old 08-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Formerly Low_LQ4 - 6/6/10

Great looking kit..

Quick Reply: Twin turbo hi mount for trucks. Comments needed!!!