FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

twins and intake dyno today....

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:04 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
I would ask about going down in rpm but then youve got the intake for the upper rpm range hell I guess if your going for max effort solid roller makes sense.
-shaft mounted rocker?
a solid roller with adjustable rockers sounds expensive and from what i have seen considerably less durable than what i have now. my current set up doesn't seem to be matched all that well and i dont know wich direction i want to go with it. i like driving the truck and need to keep that in mind. with the extra top end i have right now at the high boost i would think it has a nine in it and i have another month or so to try and get to the track. after that i need to decide if i want a "race" truck or a driver and then match up my parts a little better. maybe a pair of 61's. the main reason i did the twins was just to see if i could do it. comparing a pair of turbos that are capable of 1700hp to a turbo rated at 1250hp realy isn't fair at the 1000rwhp level.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The numbers add up for a definate 9sec pass

then there is always 2wd but that probably wouldnt be half the fun on the street
Old 10-09-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by parish8
lost 50hp compared to what?
the search is down on 'tech, so I'll look tomorrow. I don't remember what exactly was changed but that is partly why I had wanted to steer away from having to do an elbow.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:32 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
a solid roller with adjustable rockers sounds expensive and from what i have seen considerably less durable than what i have now. my current set up doesn't seem to be matched all that well and i dont know wich direction i want to go with it. i like driving the truck and need to keep that in mind. with the extra top end i have right now at the high boost i would think it has a nine in it and i have another month or so to try and get to the track. after that i need to decide if i want a "race" truck or a driver and then match up my parts a little better. maybe a pair of 61's. the main reason i did the twins was just to see if i could do it. comparing a pair of turbos that are capable of 1700hp to a turbo rated at 1250hp realy isn't fair at the 1000rwhp level.
A comp 921 spring only has about 135lbs @ 1.770" and 400lbs@ 1.120" that is at .650" lift. At .595" lift you would have 375ish. That is not enough with boost trying to blow the intake valves open. What is your instaled height? I would think with as much boost as you are running you would need at least 200lbs seat pressure & 425+ open

Last edited by stock48; 10-09-2006 at 05:39 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:50 AM
How do I change this text

Great numbers. Figure out this Vic intake for the rest of us that want to run it...lol
Did you gain any timming with the vic intake, Now that 5 & 7 are not leaner than the rest?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glad to hear you got your fuel situation fixed Parish!

Personally, I like driving my truck too much to turn it into a race truck only so I know where you are coming from keeping it a daily driver esp. if you like to do the Hot Rod Drag week.....it would be a lot of miles on a race truck alone but possible.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim,

Are these the same valve springs that you ran all last season? They might considered a consumable on your engine and you might need to consider a repalcement schedule (i.e. every winter or whatever). I know that high lift and rpms can kill a spring, but am unsure about the long term effects of a high boost engine such as yours. I would think it would still wear them out at a faster rate.
As mentioned by "Stock48" above, spring shimming might help but you won't get much before you encounter cam issues from too much pressure. Maybe another 25 lbs on the seat might get you done, though. Gotta check with the cam grinder to see what pressures the cam can take before it trashes the surface.

Looks like things are moving along very well, though!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:52 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

As I recall, the owner of the vette with 90* elbow problems took it and the manifold to Richard@WCCH and he flow tested them. I don't recall the specifics, but as Richard told me how much drop in flow occured on a single runner when he added the elbow, I remember saying "holy f*ck". Also, if I recall correctly, the vette was NA.

You might want to give him a shout, Jim, and see if he has some ideas.

When we were talking about the adaptor plate, I know he and David didn't think the elbow would hurt too much on a big turbo motor, but who knows?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

????? Isn't an elbow an elbow? If you don't run it after the T.B. you are gonna have to run it before it. I could be missing something?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Veteran

The elbow your refering to has basically a square cross section correct?
Maybe an oval or round cross section would flow better. Maybe we need one of our braniac engineers to chime in on flow dynamics, square vs round vs oval.
I have read a few things on exhaust header design where a flattened round tube outflowed a similar area round tube. I know I'm talking exhausts here, but we are not talking NA intake here, it's FI, the flow dynamics are different from NA for sure.

Quick Reply: twins and intake dyno today....