FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Upgrade in a STS turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade in a STS turbo

I'm pretty sure i will go with the STS turbo special from TBYRNE. As i read in the forums before it seems like the GT-67 is the right upgrade for the SS
What do you guys think about that? I plan on doing the install myself except the welding... The truck is a daily driver
Any testimonial would be appreciated.

Simon
Old 05-31-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't remember if the kit comes with them or not but you'll need a larger in-tank fuel pump or add an in-line as well as some larger injectors. But good choice... from the reviews in the past I'm sure you'll be pleased with the power!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Teching In

I would recomend the 67,bigger injectors,and a pump. Just like Z06 dreaming says. I would also recomend a tune and a dyno w/af at a min. Best to make sure you do not have any fuel problems. As long as it remains a daily driver and you do not get too crazy on the boost you will be happy wth the 67. There is no question that you will have fun.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Simon SS
I'm pretty sure i will go with the STS turbo special from TBYRNE. As i read in the forums before it seems like the GT-67 is the right upgrade for the SS
What do you guys think about that? I plan on doing the install myself except the welding... The truck is a daily driver
Any testimonial would be appreciated.

Simon
Do the Gt-67, intank pump, bigger injectors, intercooler or meth, wrap the exhaust, and a GOOD tune.
We did an SS and even with just the basic kit it made a big difference wrapping the exhaust. With a aftermarket stall, the truck will stall to 6psi.
It will kill an LS1 F-body.
Personally, I would change injector connectors and use the LS1 style injectors and use a green top 42lb.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:30 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

go for it bro! your gonna love the boost! I would definitley do tuning, fuel inj/ pump, and upgrade the oil return line to a braided ss line for worry free oil system. HEY BILLY, Did you wrap the entire exhaust? from the y pipe back? do you have to worry about codensation rusting the pipe? sorry to get off topic.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

How much do upgrades cost? Im interested to see how much the GT70 turbo would cost.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

How does the wrapping affect the performance?
BTW thanks for the good replies!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TIM Z
go for it bro! your gonna love the boost! I would definitley do tuning, fuel inj/ pump, and upgrade the oil return line to a braided ss line for worry free oil system. HEY BILLY, Did you wrap the entire exhaust? from the y pipe back? do you have to worry about codensation rusting the pipe? sorry to get off topic.
Tim, we wrapped it from just past the cats to the turbo. Any condensation that may be in the wrap is cooked off in a big hurry. We soak the wrap in water before we put it on too. It does help Tim!!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:22 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have mine wrapped as well, Helpd it keep the heat in the pipes.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:53 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trtturbo
Tim, we wrapped it from just past the cats to the turbo. Any condensation that may be in the wrap is cooked off in a big hurry. We soak the wrap in water before we put it on too. It does help Tim!!
thanks for the tip Billy, you do know your stuff!

Quick Reply: Upgrade in a STS turbo