FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Used MP112 barebones kit 5.3 Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Used MP112 barebones kit 5.3 Install

Well, I finally got the components cleaned up and inspected.

Below are photos of what I received, this kit was a dealer shop pull off from a 2004 Hummer H2 with a 3.1" pulley. This kit has 30,000 miles on it. I am looking to adapt it to my 2001 5.3.

View 1
Name:  Radix001.jpg
Views: 5202
Size:  136.1 KB

View 2
Name:  Radix002.jpg
Views: 2779
Size:  135.7 KB

View 3
Name:  Radix003.jpg
Views: 2648
Size:  148.2 KB

I am asking for a bit of help double checking my parts needed list before I give a call to BlownChevy. Below are the known needed major components:

1) Inline fuel pump, fuel line, and electrical wiring kit

2) Return type fuel manifold and regulator(or reuse stock regulator?) with c-clip

3) Intake Airtube, cable throttle body bracket, IAT sensor and related wiring harness. I will hook this up to a previously installed Outlaw intake system.

4) EGR relocation manifold, short oil filler neck, coolant vent pipes.

5) Idler pulley spacer, to do 100mm metco pulley swap, and Serpentine Belt.

6) Intake manifold gaskets, Injector O-Rings, o-ring grease, and throttle body gasket.

7) Vacuum and Coolant lines. Inter-cooler pump wiring harness.

8) 3.4" Pulley to start with? Or leave the 3.1" on? Engine is stock LM7 5.3.

9) O-Rings and O-Ring gasket for Supercharger upper to lower manifold connection. I disassembled this and the fuel rails to check their condition, all was well.

10) Should I go for the updated inter-cooler design and ditch the one intended for the Hummer? I think so just looking at the new design!

I appreciate any help with looking this list over. I plan on tuning with EFI Live V2 since i was not able to obtain the programmer from the previous owner. I read a thread where Zippy has helped out with tuning a radix install with a similar situation. Any experiences there? Zippy, if you read this would you be willing to help me out on the tune? All right, must get to bed now! Going to have a hard time sleeping thinking about all of this stuff tonight!

Chris
Old 10-16-2007, 09:52 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Not sure about the other stuff, but you can remove the oil filler neck and just put the cap in the valve cover.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:56 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I made 7lbs of boost on my 6.0L with a 3.1" pulley and about 430rwhp, thats going to be a sweet setup!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:14 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ForcedTQ
I am asking for a bit of help double checking my parts needed list before I give a call to BlownChevy. Below are the known needed major components:
1) Inline fuel pump, fuel line, and electrical wiring kit
2) Return type fuel manifold and regulator(or reuse stock regulator?) with c-clip
3) Intake Airtube, cable throttle body bracket, IAT sensor and related wiring harness. I will hook this up to a previously installed Outlaw intake system.
4) EGR relocation manifold, short oil filler neck, coolant vent pipes.
5) Idler pulley spacer, to do 100mm metco pulley swap, and Serpentine Belt.
6) Intake manifold gaskets, Injector O-Rings, o-ring grease, and throttle body gasket.
7) Vacuum and Coolant lines. Inter-cooler pump wiring harness.
8) 3.4" Pulley to start with? Or leave the 3.1" on? Engine is stock LM7 5.3.
9) O-Rings and O-Ring gasket for Supercharger upper to lower manifold connection. I disassembled this and the fuel rails to check their condition, all was well.
10) Should I go for the updated inter-cooler design and ditch the one intended for the Hummer? I think so just looking at the new design!
depending on what you paid for the supercharger, it might be a good idea to consider buying a complete accessory box from Magnuson. This will include everything you need with a calibration. I highly suggest using the Magnuson Calibration as a baseline for tuning.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

BlownChevy, what all would be included in the accessory package? Would it be possible for you to pm me a price? If it would be cheaper for me to pick up gaskets, bulk vacuum line, and coolant line I can do that as well. Thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Zippy is a Great Chioce for the tune, even if you do get a maggie tune in your Parts box, once you figure out your likes and dislikes with the factory tune, then tell Zippy and he'll hook you up. also I have a 3.4" if you'd like to try it before your 3.1", PM me and let me know.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:54 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be great to have all new parts in the "box 2", but from what I've seen in the past, its $$$. If I recall, one guy bought the box 2 and only used one part (fuel manifold to swap returnless to return style). He tried forever to sell the rest of it, but couldn't.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Post Revised parts list with part numbers

I went through the install booklet at lunch and wrote down all of the part numbers i would need to complete the install, not including the tuner. Anyone willing to take a look at my attachment and give me a quote, or should I just call Magnuson directly? BlownChevy, are you in a position at Magnuson that you could give me a quote so I can get rolling? Thanks for the help and encouragement to all that have replied.

Word document is attached:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Radix parts list.doc (28.0 KB, 450 views)
Old 10-16-2007, 06:14 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ForcedTQ
I went through the install booklet at lunch and wrote down all of the part numbers i would need to complete the install, not including the tuner. Anyone willing to take a look at my attachment and give me a quote, or should I just call Magnuson directly? BlownChevy, are you in a position at Magnuson that you could give me a quote so I can get rolling? Thanks for the help and encouragement to all that have replied.

Word document is attached:
brian@magnacharger.com
Old 10-16-2007, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigTex
It would be great to have all new parts in the "box 2", but from what I've seen in the past, its $$$. If I recall, one guy bought the box 2 and only used one part (fuel manifold to swap returnless to return style). He tried forever to sell the rest of it, but couldn't.
Haha, yeah that was me!! The new box 2 ran me $2310, I used the intank fuel pump kit and the returnless fuel "manifold" and tried to sell the rest as a package deal for almost 6 months before Frito finally took it off my hands. I lost my *** on it too, but I just wanted to get rid of it at that point!

My advice to you and anyone else is to only buy the kit if you need atleast 80% or more of the parts, otherwise it's just not a justified purchase IMO...

Quick Reply: Used MP112 barebones kit 5.3 Install