FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Video of Turbo 4wd launch...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rough Country makes tie rod sleeves for your truck for less than $50. If it is getting too much weight transfer to the rear, you will have issues. As stated, strap the front end.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cammed4ever
Awesome! How did the F150 turn out??
I have the brackets installed already man (awesome brackets btw) but thanks for the offer!
Ahh darn..
Old 08-20-2015, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 07bluelbz
Rough Country makes tie rod sleeves for your truck for less than $50. If it is getting too much weight transfer to the rear, you will have issues. As stated, strap the front end.
Thank you man, I will look into them..
Old 08-20-2015, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lsxperformance
Ahh darn..
What man?
Old 08-20-2015, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

You already had them
Old 08-20-2015, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The f150 turned out great! I was very surprised at the power it made with being a stock motor
Old 08-20-2015, 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Coil overs or not you are going to have to lessen weight transfer. pretty much limited to strapping the front so it doesn't extend much past ride height.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:33 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

I think I sent you an email? If not, then that's weird you ask the same question

Ill copy and past my email here:

-The fact that it spins the front tires is probably keeping the CV shafts from exploding. Probably the first time you hook with the front you will break a cv shaft. CV shafts work the best when they are at a flat angle, and the further they move away from that the weaker they get.

-It is pulling hard to one side mainly because of the of the tie rod situation. If you watch the front tires they toe in hard on a launch, this causes unpredictable steering. At a minimum I would recommend some tie rod sleeves that go over the factory tie rods, very popular with diesel guys. If you are serious about racing you and do what I did and convert to heim tie rods that are much stronger and don't deflect under load. I think a company called FFR or something like that makes a kit for these trucks, around $200 I think.

- What are the shock settings? If you notice the weight initially transfers all the way back then it bounces forward and rocks back and forth a few times. You need to slow down this movement without shocking it, which means a very stiff shock for the rear and remove or trim the bumpstop so it doesn't bottom out. The front shocks need to be turned up so they control the front end rise.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Atomic
I think I sent you an email? If not, then that's weird you ask the same question

Ill copy and past my email here:

-The fact that it spins the front tires is probably keeping the CV shafts from exploding. Probably the first time you hook with the front you will break a cv shaft. CV shafts work the best when they are at a flat angle, and the further they move away from that the weaker they get.

-It is pulling hard to one side mainly because of the of the tie rod situation. If you watch the front tires they toe in hard on a launch, this causes unpredictable steering. At a minimum I would recommend some tie rod sleeves that go over the factory tie rods, very popular with diesel guys. If you are serious about racing you and do what I did and convert to heim tie rods that are much stronger and don't deflect under load. I think a company called FFR or something like that makes a kit for these trucks, around $200 I think.

- What are the shock settings? If you notice the weight initially transfers all the way back then it bounces forward and rocks back and forth a few times. You need to slow down this movement without shocking it, which means a very stiff shock for the rear and remove or trim the bumpstop so it doesn't bottom out. The front shocks need to be turned up so they control the front end rise.
What he said! Bad thing about not having a straight axle up front. Duramax guys that pull competitively use sleeves with upgraded tie rods and axles. Shat is dangerous at those speeds if not fixed. Tie rods snap you better be ready to fight that steering wheel and hope for the best.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

I just bought this.. Hope it helps..
Attached Thumbnails Video of Turbo 4wd launch...-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Video of Turbo 4wd launch...