FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Washer tank low level indicator for meth injection

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washer tank low level indicator for meth injection

I will be in the process of installing a meth kit and wanted to used a stand alone tank just for ease of checking the fluid level since the stock one is completely buried except for the filler neck, then I thought instead of having a float switch wouldn't the stock low washer fluid level sensor work just as well? (as long as you tapped into the stock washer tank below it). Mines never been low but a friend of mine says it dings and shows up in the information center that its low. Wouldn't that be as good as an after market float?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Teching In

i am feeding my meth kit threw the washer fluid tank and i have had no problems it is the same as an aftermarket float just tap into it at the very bottom u can get to it from under the truck easily....
Old 05-26-2010, 04:03 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by marovetsm
I will be in the process of installing a meth kit and wanted to used a stand alone tank just for ease of checking the fluid level since the stock one is completely buried except for the filler neck, then I thought instead of having a float switch wouldn't the stock low washer fluid level sensor work just as well? (as long as you tapped into the stock washer tank below it). Mines never been low but a friend of mine says it dings and shows up in the information center that its low. Wouldn't that be as good as an after market float?
Thats exactly how the Alky Control kit works. Julio will send you a new washer fluid tank that has the fitting already installed on the bottom and you plug the level sensor back in. When alky gets low, it tells you in the message center.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

What my plan to do is to install an second windshield washer tank over on the passenger side of the truck, and use the low coolant 'circuit' to indicate when the meth tank has 1 qt left in it.

The reason Im going to do it that way is I had to relocate the coolant reservoir and the plug for the low coolant sensor would stick out through the inner fender well. I have a spare wiring harness and Ill just solder the correct plug for the washer tank onto the trucks low coolant sensor harness and call it a day.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:35 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by o7z71
i am feeding my meth kit threw the washer fluid tank and i have had no problems it is the same as an aftermarket float just tap into it at the very bottom u can get to it from under the truck easily....
From my understanding the stock washer tank fittings will corrode/leak/fail using them with Methanol. The AlkyControl kit comes with a repalcement tank that drops in OEM stlye

Although I never let it get low, that sensor really does help as I once had a pump fail (leak) and I was alerted by the low level sensor.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by trever1t
From my understanding the stock washer tank fittings will corrode/leak/fail using them with Methanol. The AlkyControl kit comes with a repalcement tank that drops in OEM stlye

Although I never let it get low, that sensor really does help as I once had a pump fail (leak) and I was alerted by the low level sensor.
what fittings are you talking about?????? I just used the fitting that came with my labonte kit and tapt into the bottom of the tank.... do u mean the fittings for the windshield wipers?? I am confused....
Old 05-28-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

yep...i have always used my stock washer tank for meth injection and rely on the low fluid sensor ...never had a problem with it thru 3 diffrent rides so far.