FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

wastegate stuff...boost creep ect...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

OK, back to the problem at hand... I never asked this, but has the creep been a problem since day one of the turbo kit, or something that just came up all of a sudden? And can you post a pic of exactly how the WG is mounted?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
OK, back to the problem at hand... I never asked this, but has the creep been a problem since day one of the turbo kit, or something that just came up all of a sudden? And can you post a pic of exactly how the WG is mounted?
been since day one, and its in the same location as this kit:

Old 12-07-2009, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Humm... That setup should work with that turbo and a/r with a 38mm gate. JGS makes a 40mm gate that would bolt in there, but still... this should work. Where are you getting the boost signal for the WG?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MGMC
no yesterday i was just playin with the vacuum lines and had everything referenced off the intake. its more manageble now but at wot i still see 10+psi

yeah im just trying to make sure its nothing small i missed before i go that route
Reading is fundamental!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ryan_prettyman
Reading is fundamental!
I was looking for a more DIRECT answer let me rephrase... WHERE EXACTLY are you getting the boost signal from??? What port???

The "intake" can be anywhere from the air cleaner to the back of the intake manifold...
Old 12-08-2009, 01:14 AM
Banned

I am wondering if the wastegate is bad you should call Tial and get some support when I have a problem I can't figure out I call someone because time is money!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I was looking for a more DIRECT answer let me rephrase... WHERE EXACTLY are you getting the boost signal from??? What port???

The "intake" can be anywhere from the air cleaner to the back of the intake manifold...
kyle,

my bov, boost gauge and wastegate are now all referenced off the one port on the side of the intake. ive done some research and i hear to run lower boost you need a bigger wg... so with that in mind im going to switch back to the 11.5psi spring and see if it holds steady.. im hoping it will since its a brand new wastegate w/ the 4psi spring.

Originally Posted by ryan_prettyman
I am wondering if the wastegate is bad you should call Tial and get some support when I have a problem I can't figure out I call someone because time is money!
its my dd and my only prob is at wot so its not keeping me from being mobile. but yeah, when i first started having probs i got a new tial thinking it was sticking or some other internal failure. im going to switch springs and see what happens there before i give them a holler. if it doesnt work out ill prolly pick up the 40mm kyle was talking about

-mike
Old 12-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Banned

Man if you can hold steady at 10psi it would be no big deal I would just leave it until you can have a bigger waste gate installed I have cranked mine up to 10psi a few times I will run out of gas before I wipe that silly grin off my face!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:24 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a 7lb spring in mine and it runs a solid 10psi on the street. 38mm IIRC
Old 12-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Banned

Hey Mike I talked to Brian at hinson supercars and he said your problem is definately the wastegate being to small he said you need to try the 44mm wastegate instead, and he said to feel free to give him a call for questions I would give you his phone # but I would probably get banned again!

Quick Reply: wastegate stuff...boost creep ect...