FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Water/Meth tank update,

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water/Meth tank update,

Ok been awhile slammed at work and at home so this little priject is taking too long. But we got the tank done. Use Stainless Steel, I think my next one will be aluminum thin anodized. Also can use these little Trick valve cover lids I have laying around.

I went ahead and started on a new Turbo setup for the truck, going to start small pure street and pulling not race ****.

The 62-1 just showed up today.

The goal is to loose the front mount IC and only use the water/meth for cooling. Whatchall think. Texas Term

Ricky

Old 05-20-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Damn, I want one. how big is it. I am useing my windshield washer bottle, I sure like that better, How about a write up or something
Mark
Old 05-21-2006, 05:48 AM
Launching!

Your tank is frigging bad azzzz!

I say use the FMIC and the meth. I have always run meth and just added my fmic last week. I'm running both now. When you're just putting around "in vacuum", the i/c is helping. Cools you off at part throttle driving, brings the EGT's down immediately when you come up to a stop light, etc. It's working all the time. Meth injection is only gonna work when you're at the boost level you have it setup to work at. My EGT's are night and day difference driving around in vacuum. As much as 200 degree's cooler. 50 degree's everywhere, but as much as 200 degree's in some instances.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

hey ricky...you dont want to loose the ic....when you run outta meth your out of luck....the ic is cheap insurance....
Old 05-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldn't think removing the ic would b the right thing to do this is just my .02 if it is their leave it i know i helps alot i have seen a few with and a few w/o.just add the meth and then some timing and u will be set
Old 05-21-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

Very good work, I like it a lot.

If you tow then definately keep the IC to keep the temps down when you are not in boost. Else a progressive controller and a 7 gallon meth/water tank . You need the IC to pull hills and heavy loads to help keep the EGTs under control.

Good luck with the new turbo system.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

That looks awesome! I love the tank!! Where and what kind of pump are you using?? Are you using Stainless braided line?? That is exactly what I want to do with mine, but Ive got too much on my plate at the moment and tore up my fingers and hands trying to get the fittings on the end of the hose. Ive got to take them somewhere to have it done.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor

Thank for the compliments guys. The pump I can install anywhere in the engine bay, but I am thinking of using the bolts that just below the tank, on the fire wall.
I will be using the FJO water/meth kit. Here is a couple of pics of the pump. Thinking last night, see the Front mount has raising the Trans temps a bit 25-30' and not real happy there that is why I was thinking of loosing the front mount. Wonder if I just need to move it or install a little water/air ic. Or move the tranny cooler.

All the lines are push lock plastic type, no steel braide here.

I will be posting pic as I go along with this next project.

Ricky
Old 05-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2004Denali
Damn, I want one. how big is it. I am useing my windshield washer bottle, I sure like that better, How about a write up or something
Mark
Right now its 1.9 gallons. What type of write up?

Ricky
Old 05-21-2006, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

That is definitely sweet!!!

Quick Reply: Water/Meth tank update,