FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

what is better

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 05:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 92 Typhoon was real fast with the turbo, as stated it was a small turbo and would spool real good. I just have not seen any turbo trucks out around here except the diesel ones.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Blown. 6psi on a STOCK 4.8 and the radix will out preform the turbo. But if you build it right. The radix will run out of steam and the turbo will just be getting started
Old 09-12-2005, 06:56 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

too hard, don't know, next question!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

assuming proper setups the supercharger should barely take the 1/8 the turbo will kill it after that in the 1/4

If you want something that is gonna grow with your needs for more power and speed get a turbo you can always find ways around the lag issues.
Why do you think parish isnt running a supercharged setup? Why do lightnings switch over to turbo setups? Im hands down getting a turbo better mpg and alot more potential. Ask yourself this how many trucks on here have 600+ rwhp then think about how many are turbo vs sc?

Nothing against supercharged setups they are great for easy bolt on good power gains but if you want something that is gonna ripple pavement you better go turbo.

my .02

PS: what up with mods posting about even the possibility of shinanigans thats just like asking for it
Old 09-12-2005, 07:32 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
assuming proper setups the supercharger should barely take the 1/8 the turbo will kill it after that in the 1/4

If you want something that is gonna grow with your needs for more power and speed get a turbo you can always find ways around the lag issues.
Why do you think parish isnt running a supercharged setup? Why do lightnings switch over to turbo setups? Im hands down getting a turbo better mpg and alot more potential. Ask yourself this how many trucks on here have 600+ rwhp then think about how many are turbo vs sc?

Nothing against supercharged setups they are great for easy bolt on good power gains but if you want something that is gonna ripple pavement you better go turbo.

my .02

PS: what up with mods posting about even the possibility of shinanigans thats just like asking for it
I haven't seen many 600+ rwhp trucks around here, hardly any infact, in any configuration besides Parish.

there is Parish and who else?

whitt1 is making 600+rwhp with his 402/Radix.

where are all these 600rwhp dudes around here? gimmie a list, I need to know
Old 09-12-2005, 07:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

moregrip - We need to meet up some time, I am just north of you in Vista. Is there any place down near you for a strip?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:48 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by 2005SSR6Speed
moregrip - We need to meet up some time, I am just north of you in Vista. Is there any place down near you for a strip?
I'm in San Marcos bro, probably very close to ya!

No strip clubs around here, although downtown san diego has some quality establishments

Last edited by moregrip; 09-12-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Grippy~ give me till next year and I will show you 600rwhp Some thing I next could have imagined with my Radix.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:45 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
Grippy~ give me till next year and I will show you 600rwhp Some thing I next could have imagined with my Radix.
Best of luck to ya! I'd love more peeps to break 600rwhp
I'm sure you have your bases covered.

the simple fact is the vast majority of us won't. Why? $$$$$. Once you start getting over 500rwhp things get real expensive, real fast. Lot's of supporting components need upgraded, internals are starting to get max'd out etc. etc., suspension needs address'd, yada yada yada, dependibility issue's.
Most of us will be at 500rwhp and less.
People can talk smack all day, but in the end, it's how much your willing to spend to go fast that will be the biggest factor. Oh, and patience of course, everyone needs this in spades as projects typically take twice as long to finish once started, some can get fed up, say fu$k it, and throw in the towel before they finish.

Like I said above, I don't see too many 600+rwhp trucks around here, but I might be missing something, so please go to the new GM Dyno Truck List and post those babies up!

Last edited by moregrip; 09-12-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by moregrip
Best of luck to ya! I'd love more peeps to break 600rwhp
I'm sure you have your bases covered.

the simple fact is the vast majority of us won't. Why? $$$$$. Once you start getting over 500rwhp things get real expensive, real fast. Lot's of supporting components need upgraded, internals are starting to get max'd out etc. etc., suspension needs address'd, yada yada yada, dependibility issue's.
Most of us will be at 500rwhp and less.
People can talk smack all day, but in the end, it's how much your willing to spend to go fast that will be the biggest factor. Oh, and patience of course, everyone needs this in spades as projects typically take twice as long to finish and some can get fed up and throw in the towel.

Like I said above, I don't see too many 600+rwhp trucks around here, but I might be missing something, so please go to the new GM Dyno Truck List and post those babies up!
I agree with it costing lost of money to make the power. I can honestly say that I do not know how much I have into it. But at this point i really dont care. Its a time in my life I can afford to do this. And i feel lucky. Oh, its also a whole **** load of fun