FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

What do you think, Radix comment.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think, Radix comment.....

"Originally Posted by s3gulit
Radix is just over-rated, they dont make near close enough to the same amount of power a whipple or Kenne Bell can for $700 more. Don't waste your time with magnacharger. The whipple is a solid unit, but Kenne Bell's new big bore TS is a way better option."

Found this comment on gmfullsize. What do you think?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first off gmfullsize is a joke, 2nd KB is better than maggie for max power but your short block cant handle a maxed out maggie or KB so for 90% of the people here a maggie is just fine. maggies do get nuthugged alot i will say that.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very true comment
Old 08-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if this is for your 07 denali in sig and you dont plan on getting a bigger motor or want over 9psi, the radix is the best choice IMO for a awd/4wd daily driver. the MP112 runs out of breath at 9psi on a 6.0L with a 2.75" pulley from what i have seen on here. from what i hear though the new Magnacharger TVS units coming out are going to completely blow away the competition, even the KB 2.8. and they can supply moderate to high boost on 408s and the like. Also, the magnacharger is the most complet kit on market right now, everything bolts on, no other mods necessary. whipple doesnt even have a intercooled SC kit for the trucks ( except the 3.3L which is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too big) and there arent many KBs out there for tech support.

IMO Radix all the way for power down low and daily driven torque, up to 500rwhp.

and then there are people that will try to say that the twin screw blowers are more efficient but the MP112 is NOT a roots style blower it is a roots-hybrid and MUCH more efficient than a roots.

btw, boost is boost, one is not going to make alot more power than the other at the same boost level

Last edited by nightrunner; 08-12-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

That comment was probably also made by a guy that owns none of them
Old 08-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ranwalk
That comment was probably also made by a guy that owns none of them
beat me to it!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
beat me to it!
Damn couch internet racers
Old 08-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, the Radix and the Whipple are pretty closely matched as far as potential power output. I think the completeness of the Radix kit and the fact that it has been out so long is the reason it's "nuthugged" so much though.

The Radix is a well rounded and very complete setup that will satisfy the majority of the people out there. I mean everyone loves to dream of 800-1000hp setups but, how often do they happen? Once you get to a certain level of power the cost of modifications to support more starts to go WAY up and I think the Radix setup starts to bump on that limit.

Now, if you want to make more power than the Radix is capable of the KB big bore might be the best/only option right now unless you look at a big centrifugal. I know there are guys on here running both without trouble so they are definately good options.

When someone says the Radix is overrated it just kinda irritates me after owning one. It really made my SS just about perfect. I really woulda liked to run a bit faster but, I am not willing right now to put more money into upgrading the engine/trans/etc.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
beat me to it!

Old 08-12-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Yea honestly man S3gulit has no idea what he's talking about. I'm sure he's a good guy, but he's a high school(or maybe college kid now) kid who owns a stock truck. I'm young too, but you won't catch me making asinine comments like that.....very often.

Quick Reply: What do you think, Radix comment.....