FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

What do you think, Radix comment.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best I can figure is that what it really boils down to is a combo of psi/cfm the reasn some one can say the Whip or KB is better is just because they are bigger. The 2.8L KB would be called a 170. It's just plain bigger..... all the twin screw, more efficiency, we don't need an intercooler, yadda yadda yadda. Is just a bunch of sales and marketing. The graphs show that it's not necissarily true.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=398553

This thread shows this. Like what the other guys said it all depends on what you are looking for (power wise) and prolly 80%-90% of the people will be happy with what the 112 can do if not upgrade to a 122 or better yet get a TVS gotta wait though.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:12 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, mine works just fine
Old 08-12-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by npb4me
"Originally Posted by s3gulit
Radix is just over-rated, they dont make near close enough to the same amount of power a whipple or Kenne Bell can for $700 more. Don't waste your time with magnacharger. The whipple is a solid unit, but Kenne Bell's new big bore TS is a way better option."

Found this comment on gmfullsize. What do you think?
I think it sounds like a troll.

When I bought my Radix, three things persuaded me over KB and Whipple:

1: The Radix was intercooled. Regardless of what others say this is essential, especially for running boost for extended periods of time (i.e. > 1/4 mile).

2: The Radix was the most complete kit, and most newbie-friendly. Whipple had their <bleep>tronics piggyback system, and KB left you on your own.

3: Magnacharger tech support was superb and courteous. From my correspondence with Whipple, their tech support must have been outsourced to Elbonia. I can't say about KB, but posts from that time indicated they were even worse.

That was over 3 years ago and I have never regretted the decision. Maybe the maggie doesn't make the ultimate in peak hp, but then again neither did my 4.8. There are often other factors to consider besides peak power potential.

Last edited by GMC_DUDE; 08-12-2007 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys. I didn't agree with him at all. I am waiting to install my Radix, and I chose it because this is my daily driver and tow vehicle. I'm not going for 1/4 mile times. I will be running the 3.1 pulley and meth. I can't wait!!
Old 08-12-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

You will be happy. There are not many 'bolt on' mods that actually fit, the Radix kit works/fits perfect. I would not feel comfortable pushing my truck much more than where it is right now with the stock shortblock. My truck really came alive with the meth kit and tuning to support it.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stoichiometric
You will be happy. There are not many 'bolt on' mods that actually fit, the Radix kit works/fits perfect. I would not feel comfortable pushing my truck much more than where it is right now with the stock shortblock. My truck really came alive with the meth kit and tuning to support it.
Cool, I will be doing a Transgo HD kit at the same time too. Man I wish I had it all finished by now.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Shorty Director

The way I see it.. Who needs more than 500rwhp for a street/tow/strip application in a truck? From what I have read the Radix can do that easily on a 6.0L block with a cam.. With heads you could probably do over 550rwhp I would think..
Old 08-13-2007, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

the radix is the only way to go at the moment. its reliable, easy to install, and works GREAT. trust me, i spent way more on my radix then i could have gotten a whipple for and i still chose them.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trever1t
Hmm, mine works just fine
Old 08-13-2007, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

I know it will work great for me. I just thought this kid was being an idiot.

Quick Reply: What do you think, Radix comment.....