FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection
View Poll Results: what meth kit to get?
Snow Performance Stage 2
41.67%
Coolingmist Dual Stage Kit
8.33%
AlkyControl GN Progressive Kit
50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

what meth system to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 09:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also what exactly is a 3 bar map, which comes with the alkycontrol kit? is this something i really need or not. im new to alot of this FI stuff, this is why im asking alot of questions.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

SRT10KLLR - The STS kit is basic and does not come with a progressive control. The parts are not as good ( no braided lines ) and the set up is not really safe for high boost or 100% meth tuning and the pump is not 100% meth compatible. The instructions and components are not the best for doing a fully reliable installation. Do not rely on the STS kit for fuel or you may run into problems. As a basic kit it works fine for intake charge cooling and adding a small safety factor to fueling.

KBOBOZ71 - You will need a 2 or 3 bar map for a progressive meth kit. The stock map in our trucks only measures 1 bar or atmospheric pressure and cannot measure boost. The 2 bar map is good to 14.5 psi boost and the 3 bar to 29 psi. The progressive control needs to know the boost to turn the pump on and the increase to scale the increase in meth delivery as per your settings and it uses the map output to do this.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor

On the Ram Hemi I use the smt6 to controll the STS meth kit. With it I can have it come on at any rpm/load/boost I want and spray as much as I want. If the other have better parts then I might use one for the Chevy project and just keep the one I have on the Hemi the way it is. Who's do you think is the best and how much are they?
Old 10-05-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

does anyone know if the snow performance kit comes with a 2 or 3 bar map. i guess all ill need is a 2 bar cuz im only gonna run about 10psi.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

well i just talked to snowperformance and they said that i wouldnt need a 2 bar map sensor since i was only gonna run 10psi and with their kit it would tap into the maf sensor and that would do away with the map sensor. is this correct?
Old 10-05-2006, 05:16 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think so at least not the way I understand it. Boost > 1bar
Old 10-05-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Cool

KBOBOZ71 - I think they can run it off the MAF but everyone says not to. I am not sure of the details but I think that the MAP sensor makes for a better reference point and would not run it off the MAF sensor. Search around about that a little before you decide to go that route and see if you can get some actual user experience.

SRT10KLLR - I have the AlkyControl kit and I am very happy with it. Give Julio a call and he will give you some advice and price up a kit for you. Each kit is custom configured to the users wants and needs. These kits really should be tuned for to get the best performance and results.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I much prefer the map (boost) actuated systems over the maf systems. With maf I was getting the injections start points at different conditions that I didn't want. A simple boost adjustable start and full-on controller has always worked best for me.

Jody
Old 10-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KBOBOZ71
well i just talked to snowperformance and they said that i wouldnt need a 2 bar map sensor since i was only gonna run 10psi and with their kit it would tap into the maf sensor and that would do away with the map sensor. is this correct?
That is true-But the snow kit I use to have on has its own controller and is adjustable for pump on time and level which worked great under 10 psi
But it did not tie into maf signal-map controlled

http://www.snowperformance.net/prodd...p?prod=Auto020

I have it if you want to save some $$$ pm me
Frank
Old 10-06-2006, 09:17 AM
TECH Resident

well guys i just got off the phone with Julio from Alkycontrol, and let me say first that he is a nice guy and has great customer service skills. he answered all of my questions without missing a beat. this is definately the kit i will be going with. but we also talked about doing a group purchase really soon. i told him that there were several of us truck guys that would be really interested in doing one for his kits. the only thing is, we will need someone to head up this group purchase that knows a little more about this stuff than i do. it also needs to be someone that has a little more time on their hands to deal with it. so if someone wants to step up then we can get these kits for about 12-15% less than normal. that should run about $500-$525, this includes all lines, pump, resevoir, fittings, gm 2 bar map, and everything else. so lets jump on this. he said that all we would need is five to sign up! thats nothing, i know there has to be five guys that want one right now. so lets get this thing started. if i need to start a new thread i will, just let me know.

Quick Reply: what meth system to get?