FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

What is the smallest pulley for a Radix?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 03:39 AM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which blower do you have on your rig TIM Z? What was involved in adapting the pulleys from the MP112? Was it more cost-effective than buying pulleys for your blower application or was it solely because of the wide variety of pulleys available for the 112?
Old 08-03-2011, 04:46 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Which blower do you have on your rig TIM Z? What was involved in adapting the pulleys from the MP112? Was it more cost-effective than buying pulleys for your blower application or was it solely because of the wide variety of pulleys available for the 112?
I have the roush TVS 1900, it came with a fixed 3.3 pulley.

So i had my machine shop " machine" the snout/shaft for keyed 112 pullies, yes, do to the large amount of sizes offered for the 112.

I think after talking to my bud i will buy the quick change adaptor from leftcoast and run the 4 bolt maggie tvs pullies though.

It adapts the new TVS pullies to 112 snouts, there are nice RIP pullies available for the TVS that arent available for the 112 ( as far as ive found)
Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Man Motor club

Why did you go with the Roush? Does it have a jackshaft like the maggies? Yeah I can understand the desire for more pulley options.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why did you go with the Roush? Does it have a jackshaft like the maggies? Yeah I can understand the desire for more pulley options.
I'm going to guess he picked one up for $2000 on ebay when they were liquidating them.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Man Motor club

Oh, damn. That's a good deal
Old 08-03-2011, 05:09 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
I'm going to guess he picked one up for $2000 on ebay when they were liquidating them.
Oh, damn. That's a good deal
i wish !

2400 bones. Im not gonna get into the discussion, but i think my sig validates my blower, on a cooler day and a wee lil bit timing i'll be closer to 600 at the wheels.

No jackshaft here, but all maggies dont have a jackshaft, you can get front drive or jackshaft.

And the rotor pak/case is made by eaton. Inside they are all the same, but theres no worries as these blowers are long gone on ebay, unless you find some one selling one.

I have bunch of threads from last year if your interested RJ.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I sent the seller a question, and be got back to me today. He stated that they do not have a pulley that will work for me. The auction is listed as 2.5 Magnacharger Radix pulley. In the listing it says with the side shaft. I sent a message to be sure, and apparently they do not have a 2.5 pulley for a 112 supercharger. I would love to get one somewhere.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:12 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Was the seller pulleyboys, or somebody else?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pulleyboys
Old 08-04-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
The smaller the pulley, the closer the backside of the pulley gets to the stationary blower snout. At some point(unknown to me) you've got to remove the snout, and make it smaller so the pulley doesn't rub on it.

Just look at the back of your 2.9, and find out how much room you have. You'd need just a tad more than .2" clearance in order to clear a 2.5 pulley.
Ohhhh! Learn somethin new everyday. W/. so little clearance, not margin for, uh, error.

Roger, if you're running a 2.8 6 rib pulley w/. no belt slip. I'm a-thinkin that cool AK weather helps w/. "potential". But your tuning abilities must play a part too. What kinda gas do u run, & does it contain any ethanol?

Originally Posted by TIM Z
I have a 2.6 from south fla pulley.

I also have twin 101 mm dayco idler pulleys and a Innovators west OD crank pulley.

I am seeing some slight belt slip at Top end WOT, but its not bad, im surprised that it doesnt slip more bieng 6 rib. I make 12 psi with my combo ( she breathes pretty damn good) Remember boost is a measure of restriction.

But i think you will def have Noticeable slip without a larger crank pulley, but what the heck i'd try it!

When it gets colder i will put my 2.85 back on, absolutely no belt slip with it

I have the roush TVS 1900, it came with a fixed 3.3 pulley.

So i had my machine shop " machine" the snout/shaft for keyed 112 pullies, yes, do to the large amount of sizes offered for the 112.

I think after talking to my bud i will buy the quick change adaptor from leftcoast and run the 4 bolt maggie tvs pullies though.

It adapts the new TVS pullies to 112 snouts, there are nice RIP pullies available for the TVS that arent available for the 112 ( as far as ive found)
I was unaware that they were even 101mm pullies out, but doesn't mean they don't exist. Anyway, w/. a 2.6 pulley, aren't u on "the edge" using a stock bottom 6L?

Tim, at this point why bother w/. the quick change adaptor? You've already spent the $ for the machinework fitted for 112's, & if they offer more pullies for such, I guess I'm not seeing the advantage.

Or, are u changing em out that often, that the "quick change part" offers greater benefit?

Gadgetized, if auction lists a 2.5 Magnacharger Radix pulley, but w/. side shaft & no 2.5 pulley for a 112; my guess is it fits a 122? Cause that's all that's left other than HH in a Radix.

Quick Reply: What is the smallest pulley for a Radix?