FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

What is taking Magnacharger so long with the TVS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree that if BC doesn't or cannot respond then the release will not likely be in the 1st quarter. It certainly does give one pause about waiting for the product release. Good customer relations might suggest keeping the buying public informed. If kits really have been released in Australia then maybe Magnacharger is having some kind of other difficulty. Certainly I am extremely pleased with my first kit. I am over 70k miles with no problems. The reason I have not gone turbo is that the system/progamming is certainly more complicated that the integrated kit from maggie. I guess I will wait till spring when I can do without my 4x4.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MNC5
Crap the NNBS headers aren't even out yet. You'd think those would be easier to R&D than the TVS
they're planning on 3 weeks to design and make jigs for 1 7/8th inch stainless headers on my truck.

the supercharger kit was about 2 weeks without the tune.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2KLimited
the supercharger kit was about 2 weeks without the tune.
Its not that hard to hang a snail off of the front of a motor and make it run. We are fighting SEVERAL different issues with the NNBS Trucks. The new head design does not lend itself well to a short runner manifold, and our engineers have fixed the issue and new manifolds are on the way....Trust me, you will be taking the Paxton off and sending it back for the new Magna Charger

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
This is one problem with the internet. A lot of times you hear about products WAY before they are ready for release and it makes you want it that much worse. Trust me I have been part of that group and it sucks waiting.

I'm sure when BC has info he can share with the community he will. Until then lets all settle down. Go have a beer or something.
You said it bro, there may come a time when NOTHING new is shared with the forum community until it is released.....for this exact reason.

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Maybe he doesn't know, or he's not at liberty to say. It could be proprietary information as far as we're concerned. Supplier issues, planning, quality control are all valid things that can tie up a product release. We have things at my job that don't seem like much when you know what it is, but when someone asks, your just supposed to smile and knod your head. That could be the same scenario here.

Good things are worth waiting for.
I do know, and I would tell folks if I had a concrete answer, we do not have supply issues, we do not have quality issues, we do not even have employees that show up late for work You summed it up though, "Smile and nod your head" Like I said we will not release anything until we are happy with the results.

Originally Posted by trever1t
Is it BC's responsibility to inform us of anything? I think not. It is nice to have a moderator that knows a busload about the Radix and even works there but I don't see BlownChevy written on the side of my supercharger.
My responsibility, NO.....My passion, YES. I have learned in my many years at this that giving release dates when you do not have them is not the right way to go about things. We have ALLOT of testing and engineering in these things and until we are 100% satisfied with the results we WILL NOT release ANYTHING.

Originally Posted by Mr. Sandog
Still avoiding the question? Some people are trying to give your company business, in case you didn't notice.
I did notice, thanks for the heads up Einstein Settle down Kevin, no need to regress back to your old self on this one.

Here are the facts, I have a few Radix 1900 TVS units available that I can sell to the public, more on that later. The problems we are seeing are due to the limits of the stock motor and the supporting parts. In order to make BIG power with the 1900 (about 800 ft pounds at 3000 RPM) you need a BIG throttle body, a bigger balancer to run the 16 psi of boost and a forged motor to back it up. I was able to get about 11-12 psi on my 5.7L and the truck felt AWESOME, however now you are up against the weak transmission and shitting drive line.

I remember saying a LONG time ago, the TVS 1900 and 2300 are not going to be good on the stock motor. You will NEVER EVER reach the full potential on a stock short block.

If you are interested in purchasing a TVS 1900 Magna Charger kit for a 1999-2007 CLASSIC truck, call your favorite Authorized Magna Charger Dealer from the sponsor list on the right and order away. The kits available now do not have tuning support or an EO#, so please make a note of that. FYI L92 manifolds are on the way....more on that WHEN I KNOW.

Last edited by BlownChevy; 01-21-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:00 PM
blownerator

For those that doubt the existence, here are some spy photos from October 2007:

Old 01-21-2008, 10:09 PM
FormerVendor

Very nice!!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

can't see the pics......
Old 01-21-2008, 10:32 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by MNC5
BC has said in earlier posts Early 2008. To me that means the first Quarter or hopefully before May. Sucks to wait that long. IMHO the TVS won't be out till June or later. I had called Brian hoping to be a beta tester but that didn't work out.

If you like to tinker go with the turbo, you'll never be done working on it...

Crap the NNBS headers aren't even out yet. You'd think those would be easier to R&D than the TVS
The only problem I have with my turbo is it made enough power to kill my tranny
Old 01-21-2008, 11:02 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
do does a stock 6.0
Old 01-22-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the detailed update, I think that's all anyone really wanted.

Cheers!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
thats cuz 4L60's suck.......I won't buy a truck with one.

Quick Reply: What is taking Magnacharger so long with the TVS?