FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

whipple help or suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question whipple help or suggestions

i know this topic has been beated on several times but i just wanna hear any good info since some of the old discussions in the past years.like better recommendations or dont do's , ect...

well i have a 2006 silverado 5.3 crew cab truck.i have had a comp cam high lift 212/218 .558/.563 115lsa cam installed with the dual .660 springs,hardened pushrods,seals . i installed some of the 243 heads ported and polished BUT not milled.i was told that my whipple is gonna boost up better and be safer to to the loss of compression going with the larger cc heads. i have the tranny fully built 4l60e with shift kit, servo , ect.. the torque converter is a yank ss3200 single plate.
lt headers pacesetter ceramic and y pipe
driveshaft has been replaced with two peice.
truck is lowered 4/6 and has helper bags and cal tracs setup.pinion angle on spec has been checked.
rearend has detroit truetrac 4.10 by pyle bros in baytown tx.
arp headbolts
stock harmonic balancer and has been pinned.
replaced vacuum booster with hydrobooster setup
installed oil catch cans
methanol snow kit stage 1.

the whipple which im installing is the side mount 2.3l axo model.
ive heard on the 5.3 i should see 7-9 psi
i actually had the whipple disasembled and now am running a intercooler setep a2a.i wont be using any whippletronics.the outlet on side was closed up and new pipe below modified in. i had Zach at (daily grind fab do the work in alvin tx) and have had Tootall give suggestions and help here and there.i have 3 inch piping and intercooler in front between bumper and grill.
going to install 60 lb injectors from Fuel injector connection .com .
i even had a procharger bov added to pipe coming from bottom of whipples new exit down below.

i will later go with custom grind cam by pat G but wonder did i leave something out that can help with improvement before i install the whipple in few weeks.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like you have everything lined up pretty good. Those heads are actually a smaller CC chamber than what was on there, so you will be boosting compression. Thats not a real problem if you dont go too crazy with the boost. Are you going to be running an aftermarket fuel pump? Who is going to tune it? Some guys stay with a MAF and some eliminate it, it is pretty much personal preference.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Teching In

I will be keeping the stock maf sensor and I do have a walbro 255 pump. currently I am tuned by g force in pearland tx with dyno. I am consider going with Pat g in Victoria tx depending on how the numbers look.i don't plan on going to crazy on boost.if im around 8lbs then id be happy with that.i hope it pulls well on top since Ive heard negative things about that.i quess it all depends on my cam specs. Pat g will be specing me out one in the near future after this first setup is in.do you know if changing the maf to a high flow would even do much?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:15 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Is your MAF sensor before your throttlebody between the TB and filter?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Teching In

yes it is still is still where it is stock.i have a k and n box and its mounted to that but am going to have a 90 degree silicone hose directing the new 3.5 inch pipe to the side mount whipple.