FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Whipple throttlebody elbow help

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whipple throttlebody elbow help

I need to change the throttlebody elbow on my whipple kit I am installing. The kit is a dual belt setup from a 2000 5.3 tahoe that will be installed on my 03 Yukon Denali. I called whipple today and they said that they no longer sell the elbow I need. What have others done to get around this problem? Whipple suggested having a custom one made. What type of shop could make this? Does anyone have an idea of what it might cost to have a custom one made?

Also is whipple the only place to buy new pulleys from?

Last edited by Bromaguire; 11-02-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 201 Likes on 158 Posts

Do you mean the elbow that is on the front of the manifold, that the blower blows into? Or do you mean the end housing of the compressor that the throttle bolts onto? If it is the first one, I have one, PM me.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
Do you mean the elbow that is on the front of the manifold, that the blower blows into? Or do you mean the end housing of the compressor that the throttle bolts onto? If it is the first one, I have one, PM me.
I am looking for the end housing of the compressor. The problem I was told is that whats on the compressor now sticks out to far and will hit the firewall.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:12 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran the same style kit on my 03 Tahoe. I did two things to make it fit: I elongated the bolt holes on the TB to allow me to 'clock' the large side down away from the firewall, and I used the big F'n hammer to clearance the firewall enough that the TB plug didn't make contact. Other than that, everything fit like a charm. My Tahoe is flex fuel, so I was able to use its larger stock injectors and not hook up the whipple computer and extra injectors.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigTex
I ran the same style kit on my 03 Tahoe. I did two things to make it fit: I elongated the bolt holes on the TB to allow me to 'clock' the large side down away from the firewall, and I used the big F'n hammer to clearance the firewall enough that the TB plug didn't make contact. Other than that, everything fit like a charm. My Tahoe is flex fuel, so I was able to use its larger stock injectors and not hook up the whipple computer and extra injectors.
The compressor thats coming with my kit has a different elbow than the one in your picture. This is the compressor unit I bought below. Will I be able to just follow the same process you did to make it work?

Old 11-02-2007, 11:03 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Yours already has the elbow on it. See how my TB points 90* away from the compressor? Yours has the elbow that rotates the TB forward and points it along side the compressor. You shouldn't need any major modifications.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigTex
Yours already has the elbow on it. See how my TB points 90* away from the compressor? Yours has the elbow that rotates the TB forward and points it along side the compressor. You shouldn't need any major modifications.
Nice, thats what I was starting to think after looking at where your throttle body bolts up as to where mine will. So this eliminates the problem with clearing the firewall now, right?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:05 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

That is correct.