FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Who here has ran the "Texas mile" in Thier boosted truck??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toomnymods
my tires are "V" rated and that rating goes up to 149mph.. no i don't have a drive shaft safety loop yet. good call though definatly wouldnt be fun snapping a drive shaft doing 140mph,lol
I would probably have the shaft balanced at a high speed first also
Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You dont have enough power to hit 150 in the mile anyway so I would focus on getting the truck to handle at 140ish. Also speed ratings arent just for an instantaneous speed, they are rated at whatever speed for minutes at a time. Techinally my toyo mts are rated for 120 but Ive had them over that before by quite a bit. With your street tires you will be just fine. Id be more worried about IATs as you will be at WOT for about 30 seconds.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:05 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You dont have enough power to hit 150 in the mile anyway so I would focus on getting the truck to handle at 140ish. Also speed ratings arent just for an instantaneous speed, they are rated at whatever speed for minutes at a time. Techinally my toyo mts are rated for 120 but Ive had them over that before by quite a bit. With your street tires you will be just fine. Id be more worried about IATs as you will be at WOT for about 30 seconds.
im upping the boost to 12-14lbs in 3-4 weeks after the meth kit is installed, you dont think it could hit 150 with 540-570 rwhp? im hitting 110mph trap speeds with just 8lbs at the track in the 1/4 and it keeps pulling like a freight train afterwards

ive never been so i dont know what to expect really just doing for fun
Old 10-24-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what happens when your using boost in overdrive? slow as hell acceleration?
We were doin 70 and i just hit my boost controller, rolled in it till i got till 100 then put it to the floor. It didnt take long at all to get up to 4800rpms in OD with the converter locked. Caught up to a bolton transam and a new at the time 09 mustang GT. I would have tried to pass them if that coupling wouldnt had blown off. Been even worse if i had my nitrous bottle on.
I was on toyo proxes S/T.

But have gone 140 on my hankook all terrains a couple times. I think they are rated at 110 or 112 ha.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im upping the boost to 12-14lbs in 3-4 weeks after the meth kit is installed, you dont think it could hit 150 with 540-570 rwhp? im hitting 110mph trap speeds with just 8lbs at the track in the 1/4 and it keeps pulling like a freight train afterwards

ive never been so i dont know what to expect really just doing for fun
500rwhp lightnings run in the low 150s, you've got more drag and weight. That last 3/4 goes by pretty quick when you're starting it at 110+
Old 10-24-2011, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

Make sure the driveshaft is balanced for that high of speed and a dshaft loop is a great idea... I've broke a shaft at 130 plus and it wasn't a great experience but nothink bad really happened but it could be.. Lower the truck as much as possible less air underneath the better. Other than that put on a helmet and hammer down
Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will a helment really gonna help when your goin that fast?
Old 10-25-2011, 12:08 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Yeah, no **** right? Not exactly related, but I watched this video this morning, and all I can say is "wow!" Sometimes we feel invincible while we're driving around & while we're racing. A helmet wouldn't have helped in this instance either. Just watch.

Fifth Gear [20x01] - Ford Focus 120mph Crash Test - YouTube
Old 10-25-2011, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Eh.. Its kinda one of them things better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Motogp riders go down all the time at speeds over 100mph.. Depends one what happens in the crash.. if you wreck on the mile your more than likely gunna loose control and start flipping and it very well may save your life.

Now hittin a concrete wall at 120mph it doesn't matter what you have lol a head on crash with somthing that doesn't move isn't gunna turn out well no matter what.

On another note a full cage is a great idea for somthing running those speeds and 5point harness so when you go to flipping you don't become a projectile.

Not saying anything will happen more than likely nothing would I've been well over 150 more times than I can count and know a couple ppl that have been over 200 a handful of times a weekend and nothing has ever happened but there is always a possibility that somthing could go wrong
Old 10-25-2011, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

what happens when your using boost in overdrive? slow as hell acceleration?
That much boost along with IAT's raising will cause detonation. You know that isn't good. That is a ton of stress on a motor to put that much load on it for that long, esp with a huge truck.

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
At the Texas mile event and also all the other mile events, Tech requires you to have a speed rated tire. If you don't you can't run and if you run faster than your safety equipment allows, they won't give you a timeslip and you will be asked to leave for good. I had a friend take his gt500, non caged car.... if he surpassed 190mph he is required to have a cage and several other things above the already mentioned (fire extinguisher, seat belt, close toe shoes, long pants, Snell rated helmet.... there were a few other things like no wipers, and had to be on the z rated tires and no antenna). He went 189.8 after letting out at the end, and the guy at the ticket booth said, you are done for today right? He answered back, I wanted to make one more....... he then explained to him that going over that set speed would have him banned from any other events and he would not get his certificate.

We were doin 70 and i just hit my boost controller, rolled in it till i got till 100 then put it to the floor. It didnt take long at all to get up to 4800rpms in OD with the converter locked. Caught up to a bolton transam and a new at the time 09 mustang GT. I would have tried to pass them if that coupling wouldnt had blown off. Been even worse if i had my nitrous bottle on.
I was on toyo proxes S/T.

But have gone 140 on my hankook all terrains a couple times. I think they are rated at 110 or 112 ha.
This is true, I can't confirm or deny that I might have been present for this event!

My truck isn't fast enough to need a helment ever

Last edited by lownslo; 10-25-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Who here has ran the "Texas mile" in Thier boosted truck??