FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

who makes a decent intercooler?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who makes a decent intercooler?

i got a 2003 gmc 1500hd with the 6l and a magnacharger but i think i want an intercooler i tryed emailing magnacharger but there completly useless i see theres one that vortec makes that looks halfass universal so i was wondering what other people have done?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Ummm, do you have a Magnacharger Radix?? If so it is air to water intercooled. Or are you just looking to upgrade the heat exchanger? BlownChevy on this board can help you out with your Magnacharger needs. I am not sure what you are looking for, as for the intercooler itself it is located under the blower head unit and therefore will not accept a UNIVERSAL intercooler. Post up some more details what you are looking for and we will get you headed in the right direction.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Justin,

People on this board will respond to you if you ask questions that are meaningfull. Since the actual intercooler core in a Magnuson supercharger is located under the blower, are you asking if Magnuson provides a larger heat exchanger, which is installed in the front of the truck.

If you go to the Magnuson website and pull up the installation instructions for your vehicle, you'll see the configuration of the intercooler system on your truck.

If you are wanting a "universal" Air to Air" intercooler, it simply doesn't work.

Those are for Turbo charged, Pro-Charged and Vortec style blowers, (or other custom blower applications.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put on the Maggie CTSV heat exchanger. Whats wrong with the one u have? R/
Old 11-13-2008, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did the Magnacharge come side mount on some early models? Maybe that is whats on his truck.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:36 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by justincredible5
i got a 2003 gmc 1500hd with the 6l and a magnacharger but i think i want an intercooler i tryed emailing magnacharger but there completly useless i see theres one that vortec makes that looks halfass universal so i was wondering what other people have done?
First of all welcome to PT.net.
Secondly I think you should know that Magnuson is one of our sponsors and one of their top dogs is a Moderator and my friend

We need to know what system you have, if you don't know then a simple picture will do it. Also, you need to have your terminology correct for us to understand.

The Intercooler is directly under the blower on the 112/122/TVS systems (a few excepted) and the Heat exchange is the radiator thing up in front of your radiator.

You can upgrade the heat exchanger but not the Intercooler, although another sponsor Trick is working out details on a refrigerated exchange.

If you need to contact Magnuson use the phone, I always get thru and have had nothing but the very best customer service.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

so theres on built in under the charger i was lookin at my truck and i saw a hose that looked like a rad hose that went to a tank that said magnusun? perhaps this is my problem?
Old 11-14-2008, 04:56 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

What problem?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by justincredible5
so theres on built in under the charger i was lookin at my truck and i saw a hose that looked like a rad hose that went to a tank that said magnusun? perhaps this is my problem?
???? I am lost, what problems are you having?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:16 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

It's frustrating when we want to help you...you pop in, leave a short quip and split. You dont give any information and we are unable to help.

I am out until you can tell me exactly what's wrong and what you want to do about it. See ya!

Quick Reply: who makes a decent intercooler?