FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Will I gain anything from this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:10 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, that's correct. I think there's a 4" MAF out there somewhere, Lingenfilter maybe? No idea if it's a PITA to tune, and I personally prefer 2 bar MAP speed density tunes for forced induction. But it should be able to work out either way I suppose.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 201 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by slowfive0
Hey guys,

Finally, ckd vacuum between the throttlebody and the blower at WOT/Redline and found I have 4" of restriction. ...

Anyone have similar results and upgrade? Much difference? Thanks.
I had 2-1/2" vac. at WOT/6000 rpm. I installed a FAST 102mm TB, and gained nearly 3 psi boost. I have yet to measure restriction with the 102.

I would say that 4" restriction is significant.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:38 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HellbentS10 has a 90mm Jtube for 150$ in the classifieds, i'd be all over this if i needed one. Not pimping, just letting you guys know whats out there.

I would def. upgrade the Jtube and Throttle body, it works for everyone who does it and tunes for it. Bigger the better!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will also more than likely have to upgrade your injectors if you have not already.My injector duty cycle is at 98 percent now with the 78 MM and you having a 6.0 will definately max out 42 pounders.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am in the middle of making a 4" inlet pipe for my truck. I can post up some pics if anyone would like to see. It is just basically 4" aluminum tubing, a couple aluminum bends, a K&N filter, and some bent up sheet metal for the box.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:25 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Did you find some thin-wall aluminum tubing? All the stuff I found was really thick, and really reduced the inside diameter more than I wanted to accept.

Hook a brotha up & grab a tape measure & camera!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:27 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Originally Posted by WorkTruc
You will also more than likely have to upgrade your injectors if you have not already.My injector duty cycle is at 98 percent now with the 78 MM and you having a 6.0 will definately max out 42 pounders.
I'm still rocking my stock Radix 42#ers.

They were maxxed before the throttle body upgrade, and they still are. I just shift sooner.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excuse the multi-quote feature---

Great link, thanks for sharing! I'm very impressed with your truck. You can really tell it's making some power in your vids.

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Read my thread here. https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-mp112-485856/

It's a very worthwhile mod, in my opinion.

I'm with you on that. I want to go faster and I do want to eek out what I can from this combo, but I'm planning on a 427/tvs 2300 soon and don't want to throw a bunch of money away on mods if they only pick me up a .10. Know what I mean.....

No, I never checked. I just knew it had to be done. Need air to feed the monster!

Wow, what a huge difference! Why does the 90 j-tube only have 4 bolts instead of the 6. Did the powers that be see fit to grace us with a little less aggravation when working on it or something -- lmao!

Side by side throttle bodies(to show the difference in size).

Check out the difference in the j-tube openings.

This is the stock Maggie air inlet tube, on the MAF side. Small.....

The stock MAF is also small, around 3.25" inside diameter IIRC. My opinion, get rid of it, go 4" all the way. The stock airbox lid is 4" by the way.

I'm assuming this is pretty involved as far as the tuning. Pretty much a whole new tune session. Is it hard to get the map dialed back in and how far is everything off typically. In other words, I'm not a professional tuner. If it takes Joe Professional a couple of hours tuning my truck, it'll take me 2 years tuning it.

Or switch to speed density.

From your sig, you're running a bigger motor and blower? 2.5" restriction and you picked up 3psi when you opened it up?! OMG! I could only hope to pick up that much........I think most guys on these blowers only pick up a tenth or two with this mod......Not sure, that is what I was trying to find out on a truck at this level....Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
I had 2-1/2" vac. at WOT/6000 rpm. I installed a FAST 102mm TB, and gained nearly 3 psi boost. I have yet to measure restriction with the 102.

For sure!

I would say that 4" restriction is significant.

I just pm'd him----thanks!

Originally Posted by TIM Z
HellbentS10 has a 90mm Jtube for 150$ in the classifieds, i'd be all over this if i needed one. Not pimping, just letting you guys know whats out there.

I would def. upgrade the Jtube and Throttle body, it works for everyone who does it and tunes for it. Bigger the better!

Yep, I was actually maxing out my injectors before. I have meth injection now and I'm very safe (around 90% iirc).

Originally Posted by WorkTruc

Love eye candy. Post up!

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
I am in the middle of making a 4" inlet pipe for my truck. I can post up some pics if anyone would like to see. It is just basically 4" aluminum tubing, a couple aluminum bends, a K&N filter, and some bent up sheet metal for the box.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call this guy. John is a stand up dude and will help you out! Reasonable too.

Home

Did you find some thin-wall aluminum tubing? All the stuff I found was really thick, and really reduced the inside diameter more than I wanted to accept.

Hook a brotha up & grab a tape measure & camera!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:57 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Cool, thanks for the info. I won't be changing my setup anytime soon, it seems to be working just fine. But I've always got my hands in a project of some kind, and I really like to know what's out there.

Quick Reply: Will I gain anything from this?