FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Will Turbo'd Gibbs ever run again?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
I'm just kidding of course. Do you actually think i'd get rid of anything

It won't be down very long come hell or high water. I'll make time to get it going this time. I'm tired of it being broke that is for damn sure.
Mid April shouldn't be too much of a problem to get it going but we have this damn refueling outage and power uprate on U2 at work that is scheduled from Feb 19-April 8th. I'll probably be on 6-12's day shift so I'll have 1 day a week off. And I may come down with an illness, you never know.
Give me a call tomorrow faulker
Old 01-27-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now i'm having bad thoughts running through my head of a NA 370. I've always been an all motor 7000+ rpm twisting it out the frame guy until rescently. I don't know, I guess i'm nearing the bullshit threshold of my problems on my supposed to be reliable but fun new truck daily driver. A small cam'd, L92 heads, carb intake, 11.5:1 set-up is sounding tempting if I could get enough out of my turbo kit to satisfy me. But then i'd have to go with a 90mm DBW TB and buy some headers....again.
Damn! Or I could just fix what I have really quick and keep on with it. AAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

I sez fix whacha ya got. Once you get the gremlines exorcised from the engine your gonna love that thing especially when you crank up the boost. Lose the "O" rings, put some Cometic gaskets on and give it hell. This route will be the simplest, cheapest way out.

Good luck chief

Richard
Old 01-27-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

25 psi with the stock mls here. Stay with the turbo, it should be worth it in the end.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TurboGibbs--you said you do this all the time with the old style motors i am guessing but the are all easier to do that with cause of the bolt pattern
i use the spray on copper coat and i had a problem but i could not figure out if it was the bolts the went into the water jacket are not,thta was on my 6.0 now with my 370 i used it and no problem yet.when i called and asked guestion about the copper head gasket the guy told me it was not a good idea for the street use,but everyone has a different idea on that.i hope you get this thing fix with a minumunal cost and time i am wanting to see the out come of this set up.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by litreddevil
TurboGibbs--you said you do this all the time with the old style motors i am guessing but the are all easier to do that with cause of the bolt pattern
i use the spray on copper coat and i had a problem but i could not figure out if it was the bolts the went into the water jacket are not,thta was on my 6.0 now with my 370 i used it and no problem yet.when i called and asked guestion about the copper head gasket the guy told me it was not a good idea for the street use,but everyone has a different idea on that.i hope you get this thing fix with a minumunal cost and time i am wanting to see the out come of this set up.
Copper head gaskets are not a good idea for street use. SCE ICS gaskets seem to do well for street use. Copper coat spray is a good product but it isn't a fix all wonder drug. Just an aid. Moroso Ceramic Seal is a proven product to work for solid copper gaskets I know.
The 10 head bolts cause some serious issues with boost. I'm torn with what to do. My entire purpose of this truck is to have a reliable daily driver that is fun to drive and I have went far beyond that. I don't know what i'm going to do. I'll tear it apart and see what i've got and go from there.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Copper gaskets nor wire failed. Heads just lifted.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=384812