Foreign Performance Discussion Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Range Rover

Nissan Titan Crew Cab vs SRT10 Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ap2002
whats up bro, I've seen your truck at the track but I didnt know you were here on the forum...
Thanks haus!

Yeah I've been poken around here for a bit...Love that dropped chevy and the color is pure! Gonna put mine on that kind of diet soon.

Were you at HRP last night? One of the other "white" Titans was there and he got asked to drive a lightning...and he did a 12.7. Not bad for a day at the track in someone elses ride.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasnt at the track last night, had to work and got off too late... new motor going in tomorrow so hopefully I'll be going in about 2weeks...
Old 10-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ap2002
I wasnt at the track last night, had to work and got off too late... new motor going in tomorrow so hopefully I'll be going in about 2weeks...

Sweet. Ok who or what is the organ donor? Caddy, Z06, GM Crate, purpose built 5.3?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:55 PM
12 Second Truck Club

yea, hehe i just got on i didnt know this site existed till rb gave me a link yea your truck is wicked fast.. pretty impressive to run as fast as you do.. maybe one day after bout nother 5-6k in mods i'll get into the 12's, hehe next thing i need is definatly the tune job that rb's titan got then hopefully i'd be getting a 13.3-13.5 on the 90 shot im on now.. cams are supposedly coming out soon for us as well, that'd definatly give us nother 25-35hp considering ours are tiny and our hp curve falls off at 5200rpm's think the jim wolfe cams are going to be more of a top end cam which should be awesome

yea i almost got "tossed" off the track by the old granny where you get your slip i didn't have a helmet and when i got the 12.7 in the lightnin' she was ticked i didnt wear a helmet started yellin at me and ****.. said you better not run that truck again till you get a helmet or i'll have u thrown out!! 25 mins later i run my titan and get my first 13 second run,lol and of course she remembered my face, and of course i had no helmet so u can imagine what took place next,lol

Last edited by Toomnymods; 10-28-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tarinitup
Good run and sounds like you were pretty exited on the video. Was the srt 10 stock, because in my area they run mid 14s stock.
Interesting point.

Originally Posted by RB's Titan
yeah it was a stock truck. most I see here run that fast or faster 13.4's. He actaully had better traction than I had heard...My blazing run of glory. Just goes to show how you can win against a slightly faster ET truck. He was never able to reestablish me treeing him. I would have liked to run him again but he went and parked after that and I ran a diesel.
Hmmm... Vettes, Stangs, M3’s, M5’s, Lightings, Z28’s, WS6’s are some of the ones I usually play with in mine. But I’m sure glad I’m in Houston too. But you were racing a QC. Well, I have a buddy of mine with a QC in town that I’m dying for you to meet now that I think of it AND a video camera. Some better footage is in order because that video didn’t clearly show that to be an SRT-10. Don’t believe just because you see some 22x10” wheels on a truck that it was the real deal. Most SRT QCs come with a tonneau bed cover (and the wing attached) so there would have been no need to remove his tailgate like the one in your video. There’s a heck of a lot of posers running around and there are many ways of determining that with a glance. I’ve even seen a silver poser but with a camper. But you did run very well for a stock Uncle Ben’s P/U; and your truck sounded good too. Hopefully I’ll make it out there one day in mine so you can show me that run again in person. But you’d better put the camera down because I don’t want to hear excuses.

Originally Posted by Toomnymods
Sweet Run RB.. That'll show that rich guy that he coulda bought 2 titans fully pimped out like ours mind you.... for the price of 1 overpriced srt-10, LOL
It's no big deal; you don't have to be rich to own one. Sounds like you have a lot of hate built up there against a little indulgence. I agree with your avatar to **** on HEMI's tho; I do it too.

Last edited by Venom Power; 10-29-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:27 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I don't hold any animosity towards the truck itself it's usually the cocky owners that drive them i have problems with, they always assume anything else out there on the road is slow, anything can be made to be fast.. I really don't understand why people talk so much **** about imports at the race track everytime i go i hear hatred all around me.. so of course im going to defend my truck as any other owner would defend his..
Old 10-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Teching In

I don't hold any animosity towards the truck itself it's usually the cocky owners that drive them i have problems with, they always assume anything else out there on the road is slow, anything can be made to be fast.. I really don't understand why people talk so much **** about imports at the race track everytime i go i hear hatred all around me.. so of course im going to defend my truck as any other owner would defend his..

That sounds like you think all of us SRT-10 owners are the same. I myself, am very humble but I do like my truck and know its pretty quick for a truck,especially since I supercharged it.
Btw,I only paid 32,900 for my truck w/ 80 miles on it.So I didnt spend 60,000 on it.Its funny that every I look people seem to keep upping the price.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Venom Power
Interesting point.

Hmmm... Vettes, Stangs, M3’s, M5’s, Lightings, Z28’s, WS6’s are some of the ones I usually play with in mine. But I’m sure glad I’m in Houston too. But you were racing a QC. Well, I have a buddy of mine with a QC in town that I’m dying for you to meet now that I think of it AND a video camera. Some better footage is in order because that video didn’t clearly show that to be an SRT-10. Don’t believe just because you see some 22x10” wheels on a truck that it was the real deal. Most SRT QCs come with a tonneau bed cover (and the wing attached) so there would have been no need to remove his tailgate like the one in your video. There’s a heck of a lot of posers running around and there are many ways of determining that with a glance. I’ve even seen a silver poser but with a camper. But you did run very well for a stock Uncle Ben’s P/U; and your truck sounded good too. Hopefully I’ll make it out there one day in mine so you can show me that run again in person. But you’d better put the camera down because I don’t want to hear excuses.
So it begins...

Oh yeah this guy picked me. I was already in line waiting to run. No need to defend it the video, timeslip and the people at the track saw the same race and can verify the SRT10 truck. Heck the young guy owner of it scoffed at it pre-staging to the track guy…”It’s just a Titan”. His tailgate was down and yeah the big ars wing thing was on it. If he drove his truck better it might have been closer. I think he was likely apathetic and over confident.

A purpose built production truck calling me out...this is exactly what I wanted the attention of all performance guys/girls driving trucks just like me. However there is one difference I have a tiny aftermarket. So call me out….beat me up on video most have already but remember this it’s just a stock motor truck with 4 real doors that carries groceries and babies and runs perfect on 86pump gas…oh and it’s a first year foreign jobby.

Oh and yeah just incase you think I’m an idiot about dodges look at this picture of my other trucks. Oh yeah the license plate on my wife's HEMI Durango reads "whoop" cuz this is what the my Titan did to it.

I just Love the trucks market!
Attached Thumbnails Nissan Titan Crew Cab vs SRT10 Quad Cab-dodge-hemi-desel-titan.jpg  
Old 10-29-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

You did win the race but you never beat the truck.You beat the driver.Simple as that.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RB's Titan
So it begins...

Oh yeah this guy picked me. I think he was likely apathetic and over confident. A purpose built production truck calling me out...this is exactly what I wanted the attention of all performance guys/girls driving trucks just like me. However there is one difference I have a tiny aftermarket. So call me out….beat me up on video most have already but remember this it’s just a stock motor truck with 4 real doors that carries groceries and babies and runs perfect on 86pump gas…oh and it’s a first year foreign jobby.

Oh and yeah just incase you think I’m an idiot about dodges look at this picture of my other trucks. Oh yeah the license plate on my wife's HEMI Durango reads "whoop" cuz this is what the my Titan did to it.

I just Love the trucks market!
[SIZE=3]Well, you shouldn't assume that I think you're an idiot when it comes to Dodges because I DO think that. Owning a HEMI doesn't make you educated on the matter at hand. I don't drive a HEMI. I have a co-worker that sold his HEMI powered truck as soon as I got my SRT-10. It's not like I showed off or made him feel low. I'm not that way, but it just shows the mentallity of some people who feel they can't afford something then declare it's so stupid to own.

Sorry if that seemed a bit harsh but you have to understand that posting up a video with you hollaring "THAT WAS AN SRT-10 BABY WOOOOOOOOO I BEAT HIS ***," makes it look like the truck itself called you out. Nope a terrible driver did that was, how'd you say it? "apathetic and over confident?" I agree, he likely was. Secondly, the video sounds like it's directed to ALL SRT-10s. Mine doesn't haul children or groceries, it hauls azz and I certainly don't need elaborate aftermarket add-ons for REAL performance vehicles to be mere appetizers to me. I boast a stock tune as well due to warranty issues I don't want to be caught up in.

It looks to me like you spend a lot of time at the track. If so then you should be looking at the et like everyone else does. The bad driver in the SRT won by .3 in the end and 4 mph. Last time I checked et was the way to measure who was faster (and I've NEVER spent a second at the track).
Also:
Curb Weight (from Edmunds.com)
- Nissan Titan Crew Cab- 5073 lbs.
- SRT-10 QC- 5691 lbs.
That's 618 lbs. heavier....and according to et he still beat you; without a bottle.

Now I don't mean for my reply to sound as if I am mashing down on imported vehicles. I happen to like Titans very much (especially the interior) and really they CAN be made to be pretty damn fast. In fact I want one to haul groceries and my daughter in. I wouldn't try to make a fool out of a particular vehicle because of one person.

"THIS POST WAS EDITED BECAUSE BELOW WAS DIRECTED INCORRECTLY TO RB AND I HEREBY APOLOGIZE TO HIM."

Sweet Run RB.. That'll show that rich guy that he coulda bought 2 titans fully pimped out like ours mind you.... for the price of 1 overpriced srt-10, LOL

Still even throw a set of cams in RB's truck and boom you have a 30k sleeper truck that does excactly the same thing as a 65k viper truck does..
I don't hold any animosity towards the truck itself it's usually the cocky owners that drive them i have problems with, they always assume anything else out there on the road is slow.
I didn't spend $65K on mine. Not even $55K or $45K... More like $35K (which includes TT&L) with low double digit milage. Just think about how much you'd have to spend on mods to get yours to do what a stock SRT-10 can do.

Last edited by Venom Power; 10-31-2006 at 07:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Nissan Titan Crew Cab vs SRT10 Quad Cab