Foreign Performance Discussion Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Range Rover

SS vs Titan

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS vs Titan

I was looking up the SS vs Titan, to see what kind of numbers I would come across, and found the forum of "Titantalk.com, the war stories" I read quite a bit of their stories. One thing that I found odd was, most of them where saying that they could walk away from the SS, keep in mind too, this was in May of 05'. The SS was an AWD with the LQ9. Some of you problably have already seen this site, but I thought I would share it with you all. Alot of the stories were about different things, for example: Titan beats a Hemi, or Ram vs Titan, SS vs Titan, SS won't mess with me anymore, etc. You get the point. Anyway, after reading alot of their stories, one of them stood out at me, and it was a stock vs stock, Titan beat an SS by 2 lenghts. Well, I thought to myself this couldn't be true, could it? So I scrolled to another topic called SS vs Titan, and there was a guy named SSjohathan introducing himself, and wanted to add some comments. The comments were, Yeah, this guy couldn't have beat an SS by 2 trucks, things like this. I didn't think it was true by the way, not stock for stock anyway. These were Titan guys letting him know that an SS is very fast, and could beat the Titan, but with the Titan, you get more for your buck. It was funny to me because once he was on the message board, they stopped talking smack about the SS. Now, I will be the first to admit, that the Titan is a fast truck as well as the Hemi's and Lightings, and I do like all nice, fast trucks. Most of you will say that the Titan is not fast, because of all the mods you have, like having superchargers. But if you only have a stock truck like me, and never had all the mods that some of you have, then yes, other trucks are competitve to what you have. Don't get me wrong, my SS is fast, but there's always someone faster. Anyway, by reading their stories, they were all pro Titans and that nothing else could beat them. This is why I like this site, because we all talk to each other about our mods, and yes on occasion, we will bash each other, but thats normal. The bottom line is that we stick together in here, and talk about different things and become friends. I'm sure there are other sites like them also, but I will stick with this one. Well, I'm done with my little story, and I just wanted to share it with you all. I know that Sobegraphics will know what i'm talking about. By the way, the SS will beat the Titan!! LOL Now I can't wait to build my motor.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the SS vs Titan is a great matchup, there was a video of one stock Titan vs another Titan with a CAI. Both were EC 4x4's and ran 14.9's, which is what stock SS's usually hit. You can't get much closer than that!
Old 09-30-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Every site you go to will have that man. Hell did you see the link to the Prius site lol?
It's really simple if you think about it.No matter what people drive they will be a loyalist because they drive it simple as that.
The Titan guys say they win the Hemi says they do the chevy say they do etc etc.
If you want aa honest opinion from myself...i ahve been to the track several times.Most of it when i was completely stock or had just a cai and a diablo programmer on my truck.
Stock for stock i beat Titans every single time. I also have a friend who owns one.We have raced at least 6 times and not once did he ever beat me.Not for a dig roll anything.
Hemi stock for stock vs us we will lose.
You can get off your high horse we will lose.Yes we can mode very easy and roll them like no tomorrow but not in stock form.
Also alot of people will say of Bullshit i beat a stock hemi when i was stock.
Was it the same type of truck though? Reg cab vs reg cab ec vs ec?
Get what i'm saying.
I have no problem addmitting it if i lose.I don't race becasue i ahve to win i race because it's fun and i enjoy doin it.
If you can't go out race 5 races and come home with a 1-4 night without being pissed off about it then you have the wrong hobby.IMO.
I know alot of guys out in my area who will not race unless they know they will win or at least should win.Thats bullshit and your scared of what?
Stop being a bunch of panzys and admit it when you lose it's ok it happens to everyone.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a stock SS back when I had my titan stock. He ran a 14.9, I ran a 15.1. And that's pretty consistent every time I've been to the track, the SS is faster, period. I think the titans that win must not have anything in the bed and a lone driver versus an SS with something in the back and a few people in it. But that's my experience with them.

I used to be a regular at Titan Talk, but I don't like some of the moderators there and some of the members talk smack without backing it up or even knowing what they're talking about.

As far as this forum goes, there is just as much brand loyalty (or more) than anywhere else I've been. But that's to be expected on a forum that has more than one brand on it.
The following users liked this post:
VenomRacing (03-28-2019)
Old 10-01-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is a thread on how a 5.3 ho stayed halflength behind a titan.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:02 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TouchofEvil04
I don't race becasue i ahve to win i race because it's fun and i enjoy doin it

I think we need to see some video line-ups of Titans vs. X

And MorepowerTY, I agree. PT.net rocks!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I raced a titan from a roll and I will say that he was pulling ever so slightly on the top end. They must trap at or just a hair faster than an SS. It seemed I had more grunt down low which is probably from the slightly bigger engine and 4.10 gears. I ain't saying anything bad about a Titan because they are right there with us performance wise, just they don't have the aftermarket.

As a matter of fact Titans, Rams(hemi) and the GM's are so close it might just come down to the driver knowing where their truck performs best or wether they got a factory freak or not.

Like The Head mentioned I think the SS is faster in stock form but, with the two being that close it would just be a matter of who hit the gas faster.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

i have been to the track several times and IMHO titans are quick but slow out of the whole. on the 1/8 i seen 5.3 take out titans but the titan is creeping up. ive seen alot of stock titans and my brother has a stock titan just flowmaster and he fastest 1/8 was 10.00 ive never seen nothin than 9.9 on a stock titan. but my brother knows not to mess with my lil 5.3 with a little help of a turbo
Old 10-02-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by trever1t

I think we need to see some video line-ups of Titans vs. X

And MorepowerTY, I agree. PT.net rocks!
In all honestly i am completely lost? Titans vs anything or vs me?
Old 10-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04
In all honestly i am completely lost? Titans vs anything or vs me?
Against you ?

I would still think that a stock ecab 5.3 w/4.10's would be a good race from a dig for the titan.

Quick Reply: SS vs Titan