Foreign Performance Discussion Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Range Rover

X-Runner joins the game

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Runner joins the game

Hey all. Just thought I'd join the game up here, since there's no-one to represent Toyota.

I currently own a '05 X-Runner, as shown in the pics below. Sorry, the truck was dirty (look at the rims) when I took the pics.

I've taken the pinstripe off and debadge since this next pic was taken, but it's the only one I have of the back so far.

And I don't know this forum very well, but I don't think anyone ever made a thread on the 05 SEMA X-Runner.

This is the XR released by TRD for '05 SEMA. With the S/C it runs 400 rwhp and 350 feet of torque, on a six-speed MT. Like the normal X-Runners, this one also pulls a .99 g's on the skidpad, making it, and all of it's kind effectively handle better than the Nissan 350Z (No dis, just the only thing they've compared it to).

So far, the only production S/C out right now is the URD S/C. Below is a video from a member at one of the X-Runner forums showing the result of it at 8-9 psi.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=CIMG1321.flv

From the vid, you can tell it will pull 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, and 0-100 in 12.2. Not bad for a truck, at all. I believe during that vid he was running 389 rwhp, but that's not for sure. Not bad gains considering we have 245 bhp to the crank, and 270 feet of torque on a six-speed MT. Stock XR times are 15.0 avg, but no-one has gotten any times for the S/C yet.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen a few of those on the road, pretty cool trucks. Any idea on how much they weigh?
Old 11-05-2006, 09:59 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to PT.net
Old 11-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tan327
I've seen a few of those on the road, pretty cool trucks. Any idea on how much they weigh?
Yes, the curb weight is 3600 lbs. Not too shabby for a truck.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've seen some of those to. I love the color blue that toyota has. They look pretty quick. What kind of numbers do they run?
Old 11-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They are nice looking trucks, I thought about them before getting my current truck but, I kinda needed a full size.

Looks like they should hold there own relatively well in stock form and modded form.

Welcome to the site, nice truck!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Made in South Korea

So what have you done to yours? Any gains from basic mods(intake, exhaust, headers)?
Old 11-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MorepowerTY
I've seen some of those to. I love the color blue that toyota has. They look pretty quick. What kind of numbers do they run?
Stock, they run an avg 15.0 in the quarter.

We don't have any numbers on the supercharger in the quarter yet, but I'm guessing mid 12's. The vid I posted shows the acceleration on that.

As for mods I have on my truck, I went ahead and took care of all of the visual stuff first.

The custom black headlight mod, the tail-light covers, 18x8.5 rims wrapped in 255/55/18's, debadged, depinstriped, and a URD short shifter.

Now I'm getting HID's in the immediate future here next week. After that it's all performance.

Planned perf. mods: SplitSecond fuel management chip, URD cold air intake, URD Y-Pipe, JBA or custom headers, Magnaflow exhaust (possibly duel), and hopefully sometime in the near future a S/C, either URD or TRD (if TRD ever actually releases their f***ing S/C).

Thanks for the welcome, guys.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good. That 15.0 sounds like it would stay up with an SSS. Smoke'm!!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
They are nice looking trucks, I thought about them before getting my current truck but, I kinda needed a full size.

Looks like they should hold there own relatively well in stock form and modded form.

Welcome to the site, nice truck!

Quick Reply: X-Runner joins the game