FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Anyone use methanol injection on NA setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My truck keeps pulling timing even with 93 octane, thought maybe methanol injection would fix that lil problem.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will gain with using Meth. Mainly from the cooling down of IATs and of corse the added octane. You will definatly have to play around with the injected percentage of Meth with the jet nozzles and if you run water/meth youll have to experiment around with the mixtures. It took me awhile to figure it all out
Old 10-14-2012, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

you think it would net any gains on 5.3 NA on 91 octane?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the fuel wasn't so crappy here I would not even be interested, running straight gas without ethanol has given me the best result by far. The only problem with that is the 80 mile round trip to the nearest station that sells ethanol free gas.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

i recently asked this same question on running e85 and meth on a n/a setup but got a discussion going on the rgvtrucks forum that meth is a power adder therefor no longer a n/a setup what do you guys think of this?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

I cant see how it wouldnt be a power adder. if it was still na then n2o guys could use the same debate. Extra fuels of any sort would be power adder. look at single power adder classes... turbo and meth are a no no...

so why are people running meth instead of nitrous on non boosted engines?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chevrolet all the way
I cant see how it wouldnt be a power adder. if it was still na then n2o guys could use the same debate. Extra fuels of any sort would be power adder. look at single power adder classes... turbo and meth are a no no...

so why are people running meth instead of nitrous on non boosted engines?
lazy to re type so just copy paste what I stated over there
It's NOT a power adder. It enables you to be more aggressive with the tune-up there for adding more timing but meth alone dont help.
Is water Meth a power adder? bahahahahha. Stupid question. Is a ported heads or a camshaft a power adder? Is Q16 a power adder?Its not like nitrous where you can add it to a NA engine and just keep jetting it for more and more power. it won't add any more power to NA engines by just bolting it on.

Power Adders in the traditional sense of the world, and as most classes consider it, is something that allows the engine to ingest significantly more air/oxidizer than the engine can take in on it's own.
Turbo
Supercharger
Nitrous
Old 10-16-2012, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is ridiculous. No way is meth a power adder
Old 10-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Power adder = something that increases airflow. Afterall, horsepower is proportional to airflow... Methanol is a fuel.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

i can argue to the sun goes down, but im speaking off of rules not opinions...

most single power adder classes have restrictions to what fuels you can run. so using a fuel or any substance to enhance the capabilities of the fuel is a power adder... you can laugh because it only picks up 30hp so why is it a power adder... that just means its a shitty power adder for a simple na setup. maybe a high compression motor that runs low octane fuel it can make a big increase, but many of the capabilities simply wont be touched by a stock low compression engine.

comparing a camshaft to methanol is about the most rediculous thing ive ever seen lol. by that logic my turbo truck is na... it just makes horsepower... why does it matter what i use? all engines are NA~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone use methanol injection on NA setup?