FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Does a BAP work good for the new trucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does a BAP work good for the new trucks!!!

Thinking about putting a BAP on my 07 max w maggie do these work ,fuel system is all stock.was gona get the msd one..
Old 08-22-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've read they don't, if you have the Fuel Pressure Control Module.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

i do have that i start out at 43psi it goes up too 58 i believe..i think i read they do though alot of different posts would like to know for sure if possible!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Who knows, I remember seeing carbongmc saying he tried every way under the sun to hook it up and couldn't make it work right. Then someone else said they were using one perfectly. I know the new Camaros use the FPCM and they get away with a boost a pump. Myself, I'm either swapping my factory non flex pump for a flex pump, or keeping the factory non flex on the FPCM and the flex pump on a hobbs switch also inside the tank.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have tried to install one. I had it inline before the FPCM, and after it between it and the pump, and I couldnt get it to perform. Now, there are guys that have said they have it installed and it works great, but to be totally honest, I have no idea how. Nobody that has one that works seems to post how exactly its wired in or where. After the headache Ive had with it, Im going with an external second pump to be on the safe side. Running the BAP is kind of just band-aiding the system if you ask me. Take it from a guy who melted a piston from lack of fuel, you dont want to skimp on the fuel system like I did....
Old 08-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I'd like to check out one of these boost a pumps that works great with an FPCM...

To be completely honest the FPCM is its very own boost a pump. People who install units to raise voltage to a pump on an FPCM don't understand how the system works...sorry. All you would have to do is swap the bleeder valve in the tank out for a higher pressure valve, or remove it entirely and lower pump prime time, and then manage fuel pressure directly from the fuel controls in the tune. OE limitation for fuel pressure in the computer is 297psi...pick your poison.

I am amazed every day at how much people don't understand about their very own products or services.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

i will let u guys know my friend just put one on his 2010 supercharged camaro works great its the digitial msd.I just bought one from a guy used but like new he had on a camaro also its the digital msd bap.will wire it and let u guys know!!!Thanks for input..
Old 08-26-2012, 07:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by silverstreak07
i will let u guys know my friend just put one on his 2010 supercharged camaro works great its the digitial msd.I just bought one from a guy used but like new he had on a camaro also its the digital msd bap.will wire it and let u guys know!!!Thanks for input..
don't forget!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokeshow
I'd like to check out one of these boost a pumps that works great with an FPCM...

To be completely honest the FPCM is its very own boost a pump. People who install units to raise voltage to a pump on an FPCM don't understand how the system works...sorry. All you would have to do is swap the bleeder valve in the tank out for a higher pressure valve, or remove it entirely and lower pump prime time, and then manage fuel pressure directly from the fuel controls in the tune. OE limitation for fuel pressure in the computer is 297psi...pick your poison.

I am amazed every day at how much people don't understand about their very own products or services.
Jake, I came in here just cause I wanted to find out what a BAP was.
I got the acronym now.

This is only on the GMT900's, or everything newer than '07 Classic, correct?
Old 08-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Correct.

Quick Reply: Does a BAP work good for the new trucks!!!