FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

FAST fuel injectors vs bosch ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so , Im better of getting the ones in the ebay link , they are half of what FIC sells them for
I know they are manufactured , but they have a 1 year waranty , and if they say theyll stand 1 year , then theyll be good for more
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

bought them
Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

cool... i went with ID850's just cause their top notch and i like spending i guess lol.. btw why are all ur engines "dead" LOL tuning issue?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by supercharged680
cool... i went with ID850's just cause their top notch and i like spending i guess lol.. btw why are all ur engines "dead" LOL tuning issue?
I really dont know ?

the 5.3 died after an oil pump went off at 6000~ RPM on a street race

the 6.0 died due to a dumb tunner , he raised the spark advance way too high , after the engine blew up , the tunner said that the prevous tunner lowerd the sinsitvity of the knock sensors and he didnt notes any knock when I did tell him drop the spark a little pit , because I can feel the knock on 4500+ rpms .
so the piston ate the Cyl wall and I did a .030 over with a 408ci rotating

the 408 died after just 850kms about 530 mph .

and I really dont know what happend with this one . I did a safty tune just to break in the motor with under 25 of advance and 12.2-12.4 AFR ,
I steped on it and while in 3rd@6000rpm , the engine lost pressure and stoped, after I poped the engine open , I saw that 4 con rod bearings have spun , # 1 main bearing did too ,and the crank was never machined and the tolerances were all measured the way they suppose to.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by sand man
I really dont know ?

the 5.3 died after an oil pump went off at 6000~ RPM on a street race

the 6.0 died due to a dumb tunner , he raised the spark advance way too high , after the engine blew up , the tunner said that the prevous tunner lowerd the sinsitvity of the knock sensors and he didnt notes any knock when I did tell him drop the spark a little pit , because I can feel the knock on 4500+ rpms .
so the piston ate the Cyl wall and I did a .030 over with a 408ci rotating

the 408 died after just 850kms about 530 mph .

and I really dont know what happend with this one . I did a safty tune just to break in the motor with under 25 of advance and 12.2-12.4 AFR ,
I steped on it and while in 3rd@6000rpm , the engine lost pressure and stoped, after I poped the engine open , I saw that 4 con rod bearings have spun , # 1 main bearing did too ,and the crank was never machined and the tolerances were all measured the way they suppose to.
Stroker cranks are notorious for having bad journals and eating up bearings. There usually bad around the fillet/radius in the corner. It only takes 1/2 a thou. + to tear up a set of bearings.

Most if not all are made and finished over seas. I saw a whole batch of 50 cranks at a local crank grinder that had to be re-machined. The engine builder found out the hard way after it took out an engine with less then 1000 miles.

The same thing happened to Atomic on one of his builds.

The other thing that occasionally happens is that builders don't clean the cranks enough. You have to run nylon brushes through the oil journals with warm cleaning solution. You also need a light chamfer on the oil hole as the oil pressure can raise up any loose metal around the edge of the hole.

Last edited by 1FastBrick; 01-27-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Stroker cranks are notorious for having bad journals and eating up bearings. There usually bad around the fillet/radius in the corner. It only takes 1/2 a thou. + to tear up a set of bearings.

Most if not all are made and finished over seas. I saw a whole batch of 50 cranks at a local crank grinder that had to be re-machined. The engine builder found out the hard way after it took out an engine with less then 1000 miles.

The same thing happened to Atomic on one of his builds.

The other thing that occasionally happens is that builders don't clean the cranks enough. You have to run nylon brushes through the oil journals with warm cleaning solution. You also need a light chamfer on the oil hole as the oil pressure can raise up any loose metal around the edge of the hole.

wow , notes taken , thanks , so I'm putting together another 408 , looks like Im going to check the the other crank shaft in the machine shop