FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Fuel Problems and truck wont start, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Problems and truck wont start, HELP

Currently truck wont start, spray fuel in the intake and it runs till it uses up the fuel. Check the rails at the shrader valve and there is no pressure. Just put a new walbro 450 in t this last september.

When its warm it never seems to have an Issue once it gets around 32 outside. She doesnt want to start. When i was driving it from AL back to WI in DEC the pump popped my curcit breaker, i reset and was no issue.

When i was back in WI, the second it got cold out adn the snow finally came she didnt want to start, but we sprayed fuel in the intake and it eventually started. And one of thoes time i drove it all the way back to AL with no problem.

but like a said today i drove it to work 4 hours later go to start it and nothing, ingnition is fine, but not getting fuel, no pressure at the shradder valve, pulled off the FPR to check it out, fuel dripped out of it, that was it. Assuming my rails are dry.

**Could my pump be bad already?
Old 01-05-2016, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Sounds like pump....or wiring!! With popping fuses say pump is either drawing too much current or (this is gonna sound redundant) has too much resistance in pump for the circuit to overcome and therefore needs to be rewored or replaced.....
Old 01-06-2016, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrecker 426
Currently truck wont start, spray fuel in the intake and it runs till it uses up the fuel. Check the rails at the shrader valve and there is no pressure. Just put a new walbro 450 in t this last september.

When its warm it never seems to have an Issue once it gets around 32 outside. She doesnt want to start. When i was driving it from AL back to WI in DEC the pump popped my curcit breaker, i reset and was no issue.

When i was back in WI, the second it got cold out adn the snow finally came she didnt want to start, but we sprayed fuel in the intake and it eventually started. And one of thoes time i drove it all the way back to AL with no problem.

but like a said today i drove it to work 4 hours later go to start it and nothing, ingnition is fine, but not getting fuel, no pressure at the shradder valve, pulled off the FPR to check it out, fuel dripped out of it, that was it. Assuming my rails are dry.

**Could my pump be bad already?
I was just having a similar issue. I replaced the pump and still had the problem. Turned out to be a bad fuse under the hood. Get a test light and start checking fuses
Old 01-06-2016, 01:14 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the input guys.

I PM'd ATOMIC also, cause he pretty smart on fuel stuff he think its wiring also.

Read on some post some where and going to recheck the wires out the back of the relay under the hood tomorrow.

Other then the relay for the FP i never did find an actual fuse for it under the hood
Old 01-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Pulled the pump hooked it up direct and went through and tested the wiring for it, put it back in and started to tribute shoot the truck and it ended up being a morosso circuit breaker that popped or stopped working and never indicated. What a waste of time

Old 01-09-2016, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dammit i know that feeling! atleast it wasnt something major and more costly!
Old 01-09-2016, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jake75
dammit i know that feeling! at least it wasn't something major and more costly!
Yeah I'm definitely glad about that.

Just sucks cause i don't have access to my tools right now just what i brought int he truck, cause I'm living out of a hotel for some training, and the other night i had to ride in 45 degree weather in the rain cause of something small.