FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Fuel system for turbo 07 NNBS.. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Yeah that's it.

You can run E-85 with a stock pump. I have pushed the stock NNBS pump and 60lb injectors over 600whp on gasoline, but pressure was dropping hard. You might get it to 550whp without dropping pressure. Just make sure your injector data is spot on if you plan on running the stock pump to high horsepower, because the tune relies on that if the pump can't hold pressure. I would recommend fuel system modifications over 600hp regardless.
thanks man im looking at 550 tops if it goes higher for some reason ill get an inline pump, but no point of getting a walbro if my pump is good. thanks man this helped out allot. so there u have it man!!! and this explains why no one makes a fuel pump kit that will work well with our truck without having to mod the basket.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can vouch for smokeshow here. Pressure drops off HARD after the 500rwhp range. At least in mine it did. I made 558 with pressure starting that run at 65psi, and dropping to 34 on the top side, with meth as well. And, dont waste your time trying to piggyback a boost-a-pump or magnavolt on the flex fuel trucks. Unless somebody did something I didnt, I exhausted everyway you can install it and it either blew the fuse or the FPCM dropped the voltage back down.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is there no way to remove the FPCM and run a normal 12v to the pump?
Old 05-29-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sure. But, it has to be tuned out and your fuel system needs to be converted to return style. GM aint gonna make it easy on us! lol
Old 06-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Launching!

So... Not to hyjack but what about on a 6.0? Stock pump, 60# injectors and 8-10psi?

Does the flex fuel pump fit in a non flex fuel tank?
Old 06-08-2012, 05:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a CTS-V dual set-up that I bought to see if it could be adapted to use in the truck tanks. I think it could be made to work, but in the end, it would be cheaper to use one of the readily available dual set-ups from the major suppliers. The basket has to be modified, although it's not impossible, but to me, the biggest hurdle is the level sender. I don't know if they readout the same ohms across the board. I'll bet they don't. I'm still tossing it around.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07NNBSVMAX
So... Not to hyjack but what about on a 6.0? Stock pump, 60# injectors and 8-10psi?

Does the flex fuel pump fit in a non flex fuel tank?
I would have to assume the flex fuel bucket assembly would fit a non flex tank, with both being a NNBS. But, dont hold me to that. I think GM would have to be morons if they made two different style tanks. It wouldnt be very cost effective that way.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Yea that's what I'm thinkin Carbon, and with their current financial situation I would bet its the same.. I may have to do some checking on this and see what I could come up with cause that could really help me with my future project
Old 06-10-2012, 03:24 AM
TECH Resident

why are you guys complicating stuff? First of all, there IS a way of running a BAP on the trucks with the FPCM. I have a BAP on my truck, although im not sure how its installed. We installed a BAP on my cousins 2012 camaro with the FPCM, the BAP came with the whipple 2.9 kit along with all the instructions.

I suggest anyone who wants to work a BAP to order it from whipple, it comes with the truck kits if im not mistaken, and they should be able to sell it seperately.

Then, you can run an intank pump directly wired to the battery and not have to do a returnless, what you need here is either a dead-head regulator, or a return-style regulator that returns BEFORE the rails, and preferably close to the tank.

With that said, there are advantages and disadvantages to both. FYI im doing about 700rwhp with the stock pump + BAP and ID850 injectors.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ayousef
why are you guys complicating stuff? First of all, there IS a way of running a BAP on the trucks with the FPCM. I have a BAP on my truck, although im not sure how its installed. We installed a BAP on my cousins 2012 camaro with the FPCM, the BAP came with the whipple 2.9 kit along with all the instructions.

I suggest anyone who wants to work a BAP to order it from whipple, it comes with the truck kits if im not mistaken, and they should be able to sell it seperately.

Then, you can run an intank pump directly wired to the battery and not have to do a returnless, what you need here is either a dead-head regulator, or a return-style regulator that returns BEFORE the rails, and preferably close to the tank.

With that said, there are advantages and disadvantages to both. FYI im doing about 700rwhp with the stock pump + BAP and ID850 injectors.
Ive been on most of the Camaro forums and looked at all the ways the BAP can be installed with their FPCM. Believe me, I wish I could figure out how to get one to work, but I wired one up on my own truck before the FPCM, and after with no change. Is there anyway you can post pics of how yours is wired in?

Quick Reply: Fuel system for turbo 07 NNBS.. HELP!