FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Fuel System Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel System Upgrades

Well I've been at the limits of my stock non flex fuel pump for a while now.... 530 hp / 570 ft lbs is about all I am going to get out of it. I was very interested in ordering one of these drop in NNBS kits... but it doesn't look like they will ever be ready.

Can I just get a hot wire kit for an older truck for twin pumps and bypass the variable frequency stuff? Will this throw codes? Will two pumps fit in my bucket? I've searched and found some things, but any links to threads where someone has expanded the stock NNBS fuel system? I don't mind doing stuff on my own, but I find it cheaper normally to either buy a kit or do something someone else has done that's working for them.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by holley2346
Well I've been at the limits of my stock non flex fuel pump for a while now.... 530 hp / 570 ft lbs is about all I am going to get out of it. I was very interested in ordering one of these drop in NNBS kits... but it doesn't look like they will ever be ready.

Can I just get a hot wire kit for an older truck for twin pumps and bypass the variable frequency stuff? Will this throw codes? Will two pumps fit in my bucket? I've searched and found some things, but any links to threads where someone has expanded the stock NNBS fuel system? I don't mind doing stuff on my own, but I find it cheaper normally to either buy a kit or do something someone else has done that's working for them.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Two pumps WILL fit in a returnless NNBS bucket. I have it like that.

what i did is left the stock pump, and added a walbro in the bucket, wired sepperately to turn on with a hobbs at 4psi. I have two T fittings in the bucket.. First one to join both pumps.. and the second one with the stock Fuel pressure relief valve. So it all comes out through my stock fuel line up to the rails. Its a cheap alternative to doing a whole fuel system.

BUT, that pressure relief valve has given me trouble.