FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Gmt900 fuel pump upgrade option

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2024, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Gmt900 fuel pump upgrade option

I figured I'd post this info since in all my research on a factory style plug 'n play option for a fuel pump upgrade, this has never turned up. TI Automotive (formerly Walbro) makes a direct fit fuel pump module using a F90000285 (aka 525 Hellcat) pump. Part number on the module is TU4005HX and I had to order it through a place called VE Petersen (4-6 week wait) which is one of their larger suppliers. They are large enough to supply Summit Racing for the TI Automotive/Walbro stuff.
Old 08-21-2024, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Did you GET it yet ?
Pics of Fuel pump module ?
Do they sell one for the late style (2004+) Flex Fuel GMT800 ?
Have you measured AMP draw of the Hellcat pump in deadhead service ?
Factory fuel pump relay in use, or seperate relay and Wire Harness ?
Old 08-21-2024, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fullpower
Did you GET it yet ?
Pics of Fuel pump module ?
Do they sell one for the late style (2004+) Flex Fuel GMT800 ?
Have you measured AMP draw of the Hellcat pump in deadhead service ?
Factory fuel pump relay in use, or seperate relay and Wire Harness ?
-I have not received it yet.
-Pics can be found on the TI Automotive website.
-I just looked up a random 2005 model and looks like there are a few options. Go here: https://aftermarket.tiautomotive.com...-applications/
-Since I don't have it I haven't tested current draw. I did pay attention to the specs when researching it. It's rated at 20 amps......the pump draws higher amps at irrelevant pressures that won't be obtained in this application, hence TI Auto offers it.
-Factory FSCM, there is no relay I'm aware of. If I look in the fuse box, the spot where the fuse should be is blank.This truck FSCM is fused from the factory at 25 amps. I've seen other GM models with a 20 amp so I'm guessing that would limit some configurations/models, I've also read that CTS-V (and I assume LSA Camaro) are fused at 30 amps. The truck I'm working on has the same FSCM as a '13 CTS=V part number wise so I'd assume I could (if I really really wanted to) rewire the system using the stock FSCM with a little more stout of wiring and run a higher current pump with a 30 amp fuse (assuming the factory truck wiring ampacity doesn't already suffice for 30 amp fuse.
Old 08-26-2024, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Well scratch this post. I'm so pissed off. After waiting over a week to even get a response on whether the module was available, and then almost 7 weeks into a "4-6 week" wait.....I had to reach out to hear back that it's going to be "3rd or 4th week of September."
Now I have to figure out a fuel system from scratch, and of course I planned to only replace the module so now the transmission, engine, supercharger, everything is back in the truck and it would have been MUCH simpler/cleaner to have done initially. Leave it to union clowns.
Old 08-27-2024, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 461 Likes on 361 Posts

Aeromotive makes a drop in hat. I’ve got the dual pump version. It’s the Phantom series.
Old 08-27-2024, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

I'm looking at the Snow Performance dual pump. Did you completely bypass the FSCM and run 2 relays, ECU trigger the primary and then Hobbs to trigger secondary? Along with adding a regulator and running a return?
https://www.nitrousexpress.com/05-19...k-Fuel-Hat.asp
Old 08-27-2024, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

No hobs switch it is too risky for me, just did a big return line. I have a 6 gauge wire feeding my pump power stud and pull relay trigger off the factory pump feed. I want to add a fuel cooler but so far it hasn’t been a huge issue.
Old 08-28-2024, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
No hobs switch it is too risky for me, just did a big return line. I have a 6 gauge wire feeding my pump power stud and pull relay trigger off the factory pump feed. I want to add a fuel cooler but so far it hasn’t been a huge issue.
You mentioned a fuel cooler but how is your regulator plumbed? If you feed from tank to one side of your regulator.....then return out the bottom of the regulator back to tank.......then send the other side of the regulator to your fuel rails (assuming they're looped at both front and back) your fuel won't absorb the heat from the rails and take it back to the tank. That's how I'm thinking of doing this one with the Maggie.
Old 08-29-2024, 05:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I’m pretty sure the fuel is picking up heat from the engine bay. I want a small cooler right before the return into the tank like a diesel has.