FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

What fits my truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What fits my truck

So ive decided forced induction for my 2004 4.8 1500, and i think i have everything figured out but do have a few questions for fuel

I understand i need more injector, and since ill be spending the money ill likely be looking at a 80# set, and was wondering what there was that was "plug and play", stock 2004 truck intake and rail

Also wondering what guys have used for intank pump and if there are any good fits for our baskets, and if there are any write ups about it, again im spending the money and would like to have room to grow, my current goals are 400hp to save the tranny, eventually will be swapping to a 80e

I haven't started the build yet but i intend on doing a full write up when it does get done, and i'll be custom fabricating the manifold and hot side, likely use a ebay i/c and kit and a b/w s400 and still not sure what i will go with for bov/wg but at any rate any feedback will be appreciated, thanks guys
Old 03-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Restricted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4.8
So ive decided forced induction for my 2004 4.8 1500, and i think i have everything figured out but do have a few questions for fuel

I understand i need more injector, and since ill be spending the money ill likely be looking at a 80# set, and was wondering what there was that was "plug and play", stock 2004 truck intake and rail

Also wondering what guys have used for intank pump and if there are any good fits for our baskets, and if there are any write ups about it, again im spending the money and would like to have room to grow, my current goals are 400hp to save the tranny, eventually will be swapping to a 80e

I haven't started the build yet but i intend on doing a full write up when it does get done, and i'll be custom fabricating the manifold and hot side, likely use a ebay i/c and kit and a b/w s400 and still not sure what i will go with for bov/wg but at any rate any feedback will be appreciated, thanks guys
There are "plug and play" injectors, but first you need to know what length and connection style injectors you have... Prolly a standard length injector, and either a USCAR or Delphi multitech II connections.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JordanH
There are "plug and play" injectors, but first you need to know what length and connection style injectors you have... Prolly a standard length injector, and either a USCAR or Delphi multitech II connections.
Truck is a 2004, are there any pictures or anything laying around of the different connectors? i don't mind spacing the rail if they are alittle taller, just trying to avoid spending $ on a new rail if possible

another question, is it going to be okay not running return? i was considering running a fuel cell for sheer simplicity but.. thats not daily driver stuff so id rather avoid it (though i do feel cool when i pop the trunk in the monte to fuel her lol)
Old 03-03-2016, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This will help id the connectors...LS2 will work just fine I believe....Have fun!

LSx Information