General Truck Racing and Discussion Baja, Stadium, Craftsman Truck Series, Offroad, Sleds, Mudding, Monster Trucks

Anyone heard about/used this kit??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Anyone heard about/used this kit??

3" Suspension lift kit w/ Shock Spacers 99-06 GM 1500 Z71 4x4 Silverado / Sierra on eBay!
Has anyone heard of or used this lift? I just went trail riding with my buddies and got quite a bit of water in the intake when the water got deep. i took all the proper steps by pulling the plugs and cranking the engine to make sure there was no water in there, but i figure if for around $200 I can get the intake up out of the water and not have to worry about it that would make things a lot easier.
Thanks for the help guys! sam
Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

All I see that doing is raising the body,not the truck it self...There are'nt any shocks included with that,so it wont raise the motor itself..Please I'd think you would need more the 3inchs if you hit the intake already,with water splashing/waving..
Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

These ARE suspension lifts and DO raise the entire truck engine and body included. Those are torsion keys for the front and blocks for the rear, there arent any shocks because this kit uses shock spacers. This kit is a budget kit and if your on a tight budget it'll work and raise the truck some. These kits have their drawbacks also: 1. the ride will be harsh up front, because the torsion bars have so much tension on them, 2. they tend to make ball joints wear out a lil faster and finally 3. rear blocks make axle wrap a lil worse. Just remember all of this are from my experiences installing these kits, and are my opinion. In the end it's your truck and your money lift it whatever way you want too
Old 04-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Teching In

hmmmmmm, so it seems like i might not like the way the truck would react to this kit. I dont mind a harsh ride but the axle warp sounds like it could cause some problems. how bad would it be, I want to lift my truck on a budget, but I really dont want to cause more problems by going to budget and break ****. thanks for the insight, thats the whole reason im on the forum, to get advice from people who have made the mistake so i dont have to!
In all seriousness though thank for the reply Burgundy and I look forward to hearing from you again. sam
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Nah man it's not axle warp it's axle wrap, the ride will be harsher for sure but not unbearable. The rear blocks move the axle away from the leafspring pack by a few inches and in doing this it makes it easier for the leaf springs to momentairly go to an S shape when you floor the gas. All leaf spring suspensions do this even in stock form thats why they will wheel hop sometimes on asphalt or in loose sand. Is it anything to worry about I wouldn't think so, about half of suspension kits installed use rear blocks because they're cheaper than a new spring pack. I have put these types kits on buddies trucks over the years and they've driven them for years and only real problems i've seen are ball joints wearing out a lil faster due to the increased angle on them. Would I run one of these kits on my personal truck, Sure but I usually want them lower rather than higher LOL! Anyway man lift ur truck put on some bigger tires and post some pics on here so we can see it!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Teching In

@burgundy- thank you for all the help. once I get it all done(it needs A LOT of work) ill be sure to get some pics up. ill try to start a build thread for the turbo install too
Thank you again for the help!
Sam
Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

No problem man Glad I could help, if you have any questions please feel free to ask on here there are tons of guys here that know whats up on most any combination.