Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

02 chevy ball joints connected to the upper....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 chevy ball joints connected to the upper....

Went to switch out my busted ball joints( how did I know? ) tire chopping...and alignment shop. Got the rivets out finally after all night of beating dang thing.. had wrong ball joints supposedly, decided to get the whole arm as well. went to late night autozone and got the right ones...put everything on.. L and R are not marked btw...and I now have the most horrid end of stopping I've ever encountered. Brake pedel pushing back, bouncing and grinding..The boots arent lining up either.... stock all the way around....what did I do wrong?
Old 06-05-2024, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

What kind of vehicle? Full-size truck (Silvy, Burb, Av, Hoe)?

Sounds like you still have the wrong parts somehow.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...O9FhGAOUTmtmNg Upper; lower is https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...O9FhGAOUTmtmNg on one side and the same price for the other side. Unbolt, rebolt, in, out, done, head to the alignment shop. I hate that you've already spent all that time and grief and however much money, but might be time to cut your losses and reload your parts cannon.