Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4/6 lowered 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raised 2" in front and 1.5" in back. Rides just as bad. Last 4 trucks have been lowered, but never had this problem.

Looks like my options are
1) Go to 275/55/20 tires
2) Put stock spindles on and add djm lcas
3) Different shocks than the belltech street performance

Not looking to the coilovers at the moment
Old 08-14-2020, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hoo-dat
Raised 2" in front and 1.5" in back. Rides just as bad. Last 4 trucks have been lowered, but never had this problem.

Looks like my options are
1) Go to 275/55/20 tires
2) Put stock spindles on and add djm lcas
3) Different shocks than the belltech street performance

Not looking to the coilovers at the moment
The issue with the stock control arms is you're limited on shocks. Belltech is the only company that makes a drop shock for the factory lower shock mount. Changing to the djm lca gives you a lot more shocks to choose from and the ride is 100x better. I have two lowered 4x4s and they both ride awesome.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

The following 2 users liked this post by black04:
hoo-dat (08-14-2020), Jeff71 (08-20-2020)
Old 08-14-2020, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black04
The issue with the stock control arms is you're limited on shocks. Belltech is the only company that makes a drop shock for the factory lower shock mount. Changing to the djm lca gives you a lot more shocks to choose from and the ride is 100x better. I have two lowered 4x4s and they both ride awesome.
What set up would you recommend?

Djm lcas, stock/drop spindles, keys?

What shocks?
Old 08-14-2020, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hoo-dat
What set up would you recommend?

Djm lcas, stock/drop spindles, keys?

What shocks?
I have had the spindles and keys combo on my regular cab in the past and the ride was horrible.
Currently my single cab has djm LCA and djm UCA with mcgaughys 2" drop spindles and drop keys. Rear is a flip kit with shackles and notch. Belltech street performance shocks.
Extended cab has djm LCA with stock UCA that is flipped with offset bushings, belltech 2" spindles. Rear is a flip kit with notch. I have some old doetsch tech shocks on it that actually ride pretty good.

Best riding and value setup is DJM lower control arms with belltech 2" drop spindles. Flip the stock upper control arms for better balljoint angle with offset bushings to help with alignment.
Just remember the djm lower control arms are specific for torsion bar trucks and are different than 2wd LCAs.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black04
I have had the spindles and keys combo on my regular cab in the past and the ride was horrible.
Currently my single cab has djm LCA and djm UCA with mcgaughys 2" drop spindles and drop keys. Rear is a flip kit with shackles and notch. Belltech street performance shocks.
Extended cab has djm LCA with stock UCA that is flipped with offset bushings, belltech 2" spindles. Rear is a flip kit with notch. I have some old doetsch tech shocks on it that actually ride pretty good.

Best riding and value setup is DJM lower control arms with belltech 2" drop spindles. Flip the stock upper control arms for better balljoint angle with offset bushings to help with alignment.
Just remember the djm lower control arms are specific for torsion bar trucks and are different than 2wd LCAs.
Appreciate the info! I have a set of djm lcas on order now

Almost 5 week for delivery time on these things. If anyone has some for sale, pm me! Will pay full price

Last edited by hoo-dat; 08-15-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I’m on the same boat.. my SS is lowered 4-6 right now same set up as yours and rides like ***... I bought some used DJM uppers and lowers and had them laying around for a while waiting to install them but never got around to install them and decided to sell them after reading a lot of negative reviews on them(mainly bump steer probs)..I never got to find out for myself (not bashing DJM) since I sold them I decided to put that money and keep saving for the coilover swap..other reason was that I was going to need different shocks for the arms and new ball joints...so I will just put that money towards the swap...I only kept the uppers and still waiting to install them for getting a better alignment
Old 08-20-2020, 08:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by matslp488
I’m on the same boat.. my SS is lowered 4-6 right now same set up as yours and rides like ***... I bought some used DJM uppers and lowers and had them laying around for a while waiting to install them but never got around to install them and decided to sell them after reading a lot of negative reviews on them(mainly bump steer probs)..I never got to find out for myself (not bashing DJM) since I sold them I decided to put that money and keep saving for the coilover swap..other reason was that I was going to need different shocks for the arms and new ball joints...so I will just put that money towards the swap...I only kept the uppers and still waiting to install them for getting a better alignment
I actually decided to go the coilover route also. Didn't want to wait almost 2 months for lowers. Hoping to have everything together by the end of the week! I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Cool... let us know how it goes I wanna go the same route 👍
Old 08-23-2020, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I did a 3-6 drop on my z71 and what I found was the shocks that come with the beltech kit suck. I upgrade to a kyb drop 2 shockS and it rides better .. I also replaced all the ball joints and bushings. The truck rides on a 305/24
The following users liked this post:
gat0r (08-24-2020)

Quick Reply: 4/6 lowered 4x4