Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4" DJM Lower Control Arm ?? (get in here)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 12:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" DJM Lower Control Arm ?? (get in here)

Okay, for the past couple of hours, ive searched and searched, and read a lot about DJM's lower control arms. my truck (2002 ecsb) is currently on cut coils with coil spacers/flip kit. Someone local to me has some 4" DJM lower control arms for cheap, and to be honest, im going to bite the bullet and jump on them. I have no pictures or anything, but if they check out and are good, I know I need to replace the balljoints. Ive heard that DjM balljoints are just garbage, and they sell replacement bjs's, but why would i want to replace it with that garbage. So after reading, ive come to the conclusion that i would need ford lightning balljoints. So I want to buy these balljoints and have them installed when i decide to do it if it pans out, so does anyone have a part number or anything for the lightning ball joints? Also, i wont be running upper, but ive heard its hit and miss on alignment specs, granted i run a 275/45/20 tire, just want to get some opinions on the balljoint as mentioned. And is it just a direct swap if I put my stock coil back in? Ive seen some new members dropped upfront with 4" djm arms, so feel free to post, and if by chance, you have pics with a 4" djM arm installed on truck. thanks for any help:shake:

link to what i think i need

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Par...Q5fAccessories

may be a dumb question to begin with, but isnt there just one lower balljoint per side, so I would need two correct?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Banned

Dont know about if its a direct installment or not, but the DJM lowers are good stuff, I have the 3". You are right the balljoints are junk. Ive never heard of ford lightening BJ's lol but hey. I always go moog.....
Old 08-14-2010, 01:36 AM
TECH Resident

Ive heard moogs are good to, but ive read on gmfs on a couple little things here that ford lightnings will work. any alignment problems with yours, have pics installed or anything. want to get my drop straight and leveled, tired of these cut coils. and if I have 4" upfront, ill go 7" out back to tuck a little tire maybe
Old 08-14-2010, 01:39 AM
Banned

no alignment issues with the 3" drop lca's....they ride like glass. I'll try to find some installed pics for you.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:44 AM
TECH Resident

cool, nothing painted this time, im already pissed at myself at how great yours looks. I need to find a f'n job to paint stuff.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:47 AM
Banned

LOL! Have you checked out my engine bay "freshen up" thread? End result is gonna be ****!!!

Still looking for pics lol I have a million
Old 08-14-2010, 01:55 AM
TECH Resident

you have photobucket? send me link and ill browse it, have nothing better to do, and ive seen your thread, my trucks my daily driver, no way i could be that ****, but i do want to paint some more stuff. waiting on my radiator cover and shaved knee bolster now though, may pull off some little things and have it painted, but back to the thread, any other suggestions.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:56 AM
Banned

forgot-mine is a 4x4 and a whole different setup with torsion bars. So it will look different lol

Heres one BEFORE paint for you lol

Mine is a DD now too, but I'm about 6 hrs away from having the 350 assembled for my '85, then drop it in and get her legal. But I love my truck, I'll prolly just garage it on the nasty days

Didnt mean to threadjack lol!
Old 08-14-2010, 07:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

with 4" LCAs you will also need an Eibach camber kit (upper a-arm bushings with an offset hole) to get your camber right. without the camber kit you will still ab off .5-1 degree on your camber.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive had my lca's for 4+ years now with no problems. still on original ball joints that came with the arms. no allignment issues either. they ride great with stock springs

Quick Reply: 4" DJM Lower Control Arm ?? (get in here)