Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Is a 4-Link good for daily?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 02:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,276 Likes on 973 Posts

Thanks meatwad. I do like your setup looks beautiful. I have Viking springs and shocks up front so most likely will do the same out back.
Although that Eibach red does give some pop...

That looks like it uses the factory hangers am I correct? I fortunately kept them.
Old 07-28-2022, 06:42 PM
Fast lane preferred

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by shakenfake
Thanks meatwad. I do like your setup looks beautiful. I have Viking springs and shocks up front so most likely will do the same out back.
Although that Eibach red does give some pop...

That looks like it uses the factory hangers am I correct? I fortunately kept them.
Thanks, and you are welcome. Factory hangers are used in the front for the lower bars to mount. Well made overall, and ridetech was helpful before with questions and after when I needed something crucial. (You can get the pdf of the install instructions on the page for the kit. Good pictures to show dummies like me what to do.)

Somehow the crucial 10 lb bag of bolts/nuts wasn’t in either box! I was laying out the parts while my buddy was starting the cuts for the notch on the passenger side. I yelled to stop cutting so we could move the truck inside his garage. This was on a Saturday. Called Monday and I had them by wed.
The following users liked this post:
shakenfake (07-28-2022)
Old 07-28-2022, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

That sucks. I plan all my work based on if I can get it back in the garage by dark. Not always successful though.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:22 AM
Fast lane preferred

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by terravast4
That sucks. I plan all my work based on if I can get it back in the garage by dark. Not always successful though.
we were lucky he had only started on the frame. Leaf springs are already out at that point. Thankfully we could just lay the frame on axle and roll it back. We just left it in the garage the rest of the install. Good thing too, took us 2 weekends to get the back and front done.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:27 AM
TECH Veteran

I never put in the notch I bought for my truck because I ran out of time when I was working on it. Still have it but considering just getting the 4-link instead of drilling holes for my mcgaughy's notch that might not match up with the 4-link notch
Old 07-29-2022, 02:27 PM
TECH Junkie

I never put in the notch I bought for my truck because I ran out of time when I was working on it. Still have it but considering just getting the 4-link instead of drilling holes for my mcgaughy's notch that might not match up with the 4-link notch
same here. I had a McGaughy’s notch as well but bit the bullet on the 4-link so I ended up selling the notch
Old 07-29-2022, 02:37 PM
TECH Veteran

You guys make me spend money.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

You guys make me spend money.
its a big hit financially but I have nothing negative to say about a four link. It was a great investment and depending on your shock Choice you can have great tune ability and can adjust ride height on the spot as needed.
Old 07-31-2022, 11:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Agreed. My issue right now is that I have a bit of a rough ride. I stiffened up my shocks to compensate for the lack of a notch so I don't break my back on some of the roads around here. Once I can get the Impala back on the road I probably will pick one up.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

I had a DJM notch prior to the Ridetech and I can pretty much guarantee you the notch cut in the frame will not match between the two. If serious about the Ridetech 4-link, I would wait to cut the frame. Otherwise, installing the McG's notch and tuning the rear shocks for the increased travel may get you where you want to be.
The following users liked this post:
shakenfake (08-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Is a 4-Link good for daily?