Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4 link / Mini tub in the works

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been hooking just fine with caltracs and 15x28x9 slicks, no c notch or anything like that
Old 05-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks to all of you for all the advice ! my truck is lowered 5/7 with the djm crap notch . i got the upper and lower control arms for free , now its just up to me to make it all work . i totally understand were everyone is coming from ! my lower control arms arm angled teraflex adjustables the front of the lower connects to my stock front spring perch and the back is gonna be connected to bracket on the bottom of the rear end . the uppers are also adjustable , the front is connected to a custom bracket , and Y'd out to both sides of the pumpkin ! I built my own SUPER C's for the notches ! the reason i went this route is cause all the parts were free , we have a whole bunch of extra steel the only thing i have to buy is paint , wheels which are only gonna cost my $112 a piece and tires $239 a piece ! i wont have to move my gas tank even tho i would love to go with a fuel cell , that would just open up another can of worms . whole fuel system etc etc etc ! im just tryin to do somethin different ! but thanks to all with the responses and advice !
Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
No need to four link.. Do it the poor mans way.. I am thinking about doing it like this.. You need to take out the fuel tank to run a 4 link, so you need a cell.. Take the leaf springs and mount them on the inside of the frame rails, and run cal trac bars.. Then you can have a cheap route, be able to run wide tires... Might sound dumb but i have seen alot of mopar done like this with great results..
you mean like this btw this is a 2002 chevy RCSB but it looks like you still need a fuel cell goin by this truck also has a 9-inch ford pretty badass

Name:  frame.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  72.3 KB
Old 05-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Teching In

looks like a nice setup ! but like i said in the previous post i was trying to stay away from the fuel cell ! The way my brain thinks , i would end up going to a whole fuel system ! and i know how much that costs !
Old 05-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Teching In

well twolow02fransen after carefully thinkin it all thru it will actually be cheaper to go that route ! moving the leafs inwards . i found a 20 gal fuel cell for $200 w 90ohm sender and i already have a aeromotive pump and extra ss braided line with AN fittings ! Thank you very much for the pic and the advice !!!!! i owe u