Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4L60E do I have all the parts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post 4L60E do I have all the parts?

A friends of mine (former trans builder and GM tech) made me a list of everything he could think of for a 600 hp build for my truck, just wondering if you guys could look over it and tell me is anythings missing. Thanks!

Torque Converter
Teflon Pump Bushing
Boost Valve large Ratio
Kevlar/wide band - 2-4 band
High Element sprag (foreward)
3-4 Clutch Z-pack
5 Pinion Input/output Planetaries
Valve body- TCC Regulator Valve
Transgo Kit
Paper/Rubber o-ring set
Red Alto Racing Clutches
beast sun gear shell

Last edited by gregs323; 10-11-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Bumpp
Old 10-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Laid Back

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hopefully you're talking about 600hp at the flywheel, not the rear wheels. Even at that power level, you're pushing any built 60E to it's limits. Remember that there's much more to a strong trans than just upgraded parts. If the trans is built with the best parts by a novice builder, chances are it won't be much if any stronger than a near stock rebuild by a pro that specializes in 60E's.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:23 PM

I think I would add a new separator plate, aluminum 1-2 and forward accumulator pistons, torlon check *****, high rev pump slide spring, sleeved input drum with a billet over run piston, and maybe a billet output shaft if it were me.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gregs323
A friends of mine (former trans builder and GM tech) made me a list of everything he could think of for a 600 hp build for my truck, just wondering if you guys could look over it and tell me is anythings missing. Thanks!

Torque Converter
Teflon Pump Bushing
Boost Valve large Ratio
Kevlar/wide band - 2-4 band
High Element sprag (foreward)
3-4 Clutch Z-pack
5 Pinion Input/output Planetaries
Valve body- TCC Regulator Valve
Transgo Kit
Paper/Rubber o-ring set
Red Alto Racing Clutches
beast sun gear shell
Sonnax servo check release valve and their heavy duty shift valve that applied the overrun clutches.
I prefer the transgo shift kit delete but use Billet servos and larger boost valve, with good tuning this is magic. No harsh part throttle shift but chirping tires at WOT! Tighten up that 3-4 pack.

PLus the goodies vince mentioned......
Old 10-14-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by CRAZYCUTER4.8
Sonnax servo check release valve and their heavy duty shift valve that applied the overrun clutches.
I prefer the transgo shift kit delete but use Billet servos and larger boost valve, with good tuning this is magic. No harsh part throttle shift but chirping tires at WOT! Tighten up that 3-4 pack.

PLus the goodies vince mentioned......
Guess I forgot a couple things......I would have to agree with the hd 2-3 shift valve and a sonnax 4th servo. In most all applications I feel that a vet 2nd gear servo is just fine. The only other billet 2nd gear servo I would considering using would be the one from sonnax. It still uses the factory springs and is a much better piece than the solid billet ones. In most cases I feel that it is over kill and really not needed. Some guys complain that these shift to hard so I would probably skip it. The sonnax release valve is ok to use but I have another way to do it. I would also recommend getting two abuse plugs from sonnax if you are going to have the valve body apart. These little plugs wear out and create leakage in the valve body. As for the larger boost valve the HD-2 kit will come with one but I usually chuck it and get one from sonnax with O-rings. Good luck with the build. Vince