Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4L60E Parts list

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4L60E Parts list

Alright so im gonna have a local shop build a "race built" 60e just to make it last a little longer till i feel like doin and can afford a FLT 80e and till im makin more power...

the guy said hes done numerous powerful 60e's but i kinda wanna drop off my own parts for some of the stuff to make sure he doesnt use cheap **** or not do it...so what are some of the basics

ive already got a Vette servo from OPT and im going to be getting a HD-2 shift kit, but i know i need some other stuff...

i found some other stuff when searching and i just wanna know if i need it or not

Sonnax super hold 4th
29 element foward sprag
i know something about a plate and something about a longer pin but i cant seem to remember what those were?
1-2 aluminum acculator piston,aluminum foward clutch piston (are these the same as a vette servo?)

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
Old 03-18-2009, 02:01 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the guy said hes done numerous powerful 60e's but i kinda wanna drop off my own parts for some of the stuff to make sure he doesnt use cheap **** or not do it...

If you don't trust him to use the right parts, or do what he says he will do, then you should not use him at all. Besides, if you let him use parts that he provides, he will have to stand behind his parts and labor. If you provide the parts, he doesn't have to stand behind anything. Many shops won't even do a job unless they sell the parts AND the labor. Remember, the sale of parts is part of their profit margin, and helps them be able to keep their doors open.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:02 AM
TECH Addict

yea, except he builds them for cars, and i dont think he realizes the weight makes a bigg difference.i trust him to do most of it,but when he was readin parts off he only listed about 80% of the parts of a lvl 5 flt, i asked him about some of the things they offer and he didnt and he said it wasnt needed, i know hes full of ****
Old 03-18-2009, 04:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the 5 pinion planets ,beast sunshell,billet input and output shafts if oure gonna get a hard shift.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

id look into higher element sprags or whatever they offer to upgrade those also. ive demolished one on a 1-2 shift. i guess its kind of hit or miss with these trannys because i just pulled mine out yesterday for the 8th time in the past year and a half
Old 03-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

i have went down that same road like you are doing...
with my other truck i ended up breaking it about 4 times before i gave up and got one from FLT and it never broke. the guy who was building it done all kinds of drag cars and all but in a truck it wouldn't last. i just put and 80e in my 2003 with an HD-2 kit and it cost less for me to do that than a built 60.
so if you don't trust what parts he is putting in or dont know to put in... you might be pulling it back out if not careful.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

i wouldnt mind doin the 80e swap but with a almost stock 5.3 the 80 will make it feel like its dragging a boat anchor
Old 03-19-2009, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

All the sprags are 29 element, but the good ones are double caged. I would get-

Beast sun shell
BW double cage sprag
Wide sun gear bushing
Metal 1-2, and forward pistons
hd-2 kit
Alto wide band with new drum
Both billet servos
Hardened pump rings
New slide, rotor, and vanes for pump
And a good set of clutches for 3-4
And a vacuum modulator if you perfer
Old 03-19-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

i seen vacuum mod talked about before but dont really know what it is or what it does?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Parke10
i seen vacuum mod talked about before but dont really know what it is or what it does?
It takes place of the electronic pressure control solenoid. Instead of the pcm adjusting line pressure, it will adjust line pressure based on vaccum(engine load).

Quick Reply: 4L60E Parts list